1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Need help with transferring apps to new sd card

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RX-78-2, Nov 11, 2011.

1. RX-78-2

RX-78-2 Well-Known Member

Hello guys,
    I recently bought a new micro sd card and I was wondering how to transfer my apps/music/videos from my old sd card to the new one.

Do I connect it to the pc and copy everything to the new card?

Also, could I re-download all my apps from the market without having to pay for them again?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. RX-78-2

RX-78-2 Well-Known Member

So... no one really knows? D;

3. Simba501

Simba501 Android Enthusiast

I don't think you'll be able to move over apps. But for everything else, just move it over on your PC. If you paid for an app once, it'll appear in the market under My Apps as installable.

4. mratlndmrk

mratlndmrk Well-Known Member

If you are rooted you can just make a Titanium Backup and all apps and data will copy over. You could also move all your apps to the phone's sd card and then move them back after placing the new card in.

5. yahoowizard

yahoowizard Android Enthusiast

I'm not sure you need to be rooted, but Astro works, too. You just start up ASTRO, backup all your applications, and boom, they'll all be there in a folder with all the .apk files from your phone. Just transfer them over and install them back again on the new phone.

6. meackerman

meackerman Newbie

dunno if its the easiest (or 'right') way but when I went from my captivate to the S2 I just redownloaded from either the android appstore or the amazon appstore the apps I had to my S2. I moved my SD card to the S2 and all my pictures just showed up like I expected them to.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews