1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Need Help with Transferring media from mac to Phone and possibly help uninstalling an application.

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by JacobHM, Sep 10, 2016.

1. JacobHM

JacobHM Lurker
    None

Sep 10, 2016
    Hi, my phone is the samsung galaxy s5 and my computer is a 2011 macbook pro running osx yosemite. Recently, Kies stopped working for me, its always been kinda buggy, so I looked for different file transfer programs. My googling led me to this site http://www.topsoftreviews.net/android-file-transfer-for-mac-alternative/ where I downloaded the app listed as number 2. I opened the app and realized you had to pay for the services, i didnt see the worth in this so I deleted the app and all of its files. However, when I plug in my phone to my computer Screen Shot 2016-09-10 at 3.01.21 PM.png appears in my notification bar at the top of the screen. I also cannot seem to use android file transfer as it gets overriden by the wondershare app. Im not actually sure its the real app and am strongly suspecting it to be malware. Obviously I want to get rid of it so I can continue to transfer media to my phone, but im not sure how. If someone can help me with this that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Advertisement

2. JacobHM

JacobHM Lurker
    None

Sep 10, 2016
    I also get this window opened Screen Shot 2016-09-10 at 3.12.39 PM.png . I can use android file transfer for the duration of the 20 seconds i have to accept but after that everything closes and my phone is unable to connect with my computer.

3. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Head to Settings -> Apps on your phone, do you see anything there that could potentially be related to MobileGo or Wondershare? If yes, uninstall.

The only people I see recommending mobilego and wondershare are paid shills/spammers so in future give them a wide berth.

I can't comment on anything installed on your mac (no experience with Macs), sorry.

Bg260 likes this.
  4. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    On the Mac just click on the apps icon, find MobileGo and drag it to the trash. Empty trash and you are done.

Google's Android File Transfer app for the Mac works fine in my experience. It's just for transferring files, but it does that well. Some of the things that article says told me instantly that the author has no understanding of the subject, so I would not bother with that site in future.

El Presidente likes this.