1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Need help with Verizon & my nexus

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by q4kntmare, Jul 27, 2012.

1. q4kntmare

q4kntmare Lurker
    None

Jul 27, 2012
    I have had my Nexus since they first came out and have been very unhappy. With the microphone problems (slightly fixed), Call dropping, Internet malfunctioning... etc, I am not happy. Verizon has sent me 2 phones (1 replacement nexus and 1 razr). I still had problems with the replacement nexus, and dislike the razr.

My question is, does anyone know of anyway I can get verizon to exchange my problem phone with a Galaxy S3? I don't care if it costs me a little more money.

The store said they cannot do anything for me, but I have heard of people getting this type of exchange.

Thanks for the help

Advertisement

2. FramCire

FramCire Android Expert
    None

Jun 4, 2010
    You have to speak to the people on the phone at verizon and be nicely forceful. Tell them you bought a Samsung made device and do not want a downgrade. If they acknowledge the issue is systemic to nexus, you can usually get them to bump up a level

Policy dictates a lateral move but if no suitable lateral move exists they will bump up

3. nmbs

nmbs Newbie
    None

Sep 1, 2011
    MA
    It also helps if you have a record of calling customer service about the problems you are having. Reception issues are a big deal also. As soon as you mention dropped calls and issues with going online especially if you are in a covered area will make them more amenable to upgrading you to a different phone.

It might mean an extension of your contract though. Make sure you ask about that.

4. trophynuts

trophynuts Extreme Android User
    None

Jul 6, 2010
    I work in a Tech related field. Have been in a tec
    SouthEastern US
    honestly i doubt very much that you will get VZW to upgrade you to an SGS3. I know it sux. The Droid RAZR is what they seem to be pushing on everyone. Some people have managed to get the RAZR Maxx and i think that is about as far as VZW will go on swapping one out.

Tags: