• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need help with wave secure

nateo200

Android Enthusiast
Nov 27, 2009
So I was at a baseball game and I had my droid in my hand and the guy behind me bumped me knocking my droid face first into the concrete shattering the screen....was not happy i never break expensive toys. I transferred all my stuff over but I'm having trouble getting my wave secure account transferred over...I installed it but it only allows me to make a new account not sure what to do from here...

Side note my new droid has insurance and a new case...thank God...

I think you need to change your account over at their website and that will link it to your phone. You should email the dev he is extremely responsive and should definitely help you.

Hmm I hate to be a pest but do you know how? I'm at home and I see nothing of the sort, if you don't do you have an email? I can't seam to find one.

Upvote 0
Hmm I hate to be a pest but do you know how? I'm at home and I see nothing of the sort, if you don't do you have an email? I can't seam to find one.

Sorry, you can PM me and I will send you my email, but I am not at home or near a computer other than my phone (working right now) and I won't be home until after 130 Eastern. I can look up the website then. Though john galt's suggestion about emailing Wave secure's support site would be your best bet. Wave secure has always ben extremely responsive too user concerns/issues.

Upvote 0
I really love this program I hope I can get this to work....I just emailed them and they said they will get back to me in like 3 days sounds good. Crossing my fingers my phone doesn't get stolen in that time. Really already feel irresponsible for breaking my first phone don't need any other issues.

Upvote 0
Hi,

Thank you for your email.

We would like to inform you that the free life time WaveSecure was available for the life time of the phone on which WaveSecure was activated before the 31st March. This offer does not allow users to change their phones, if they do change their phone and wish to use it with their new phone a subscription has to be purchased.

However considering you as a privileged customer we are offering you to use the same subscription on your handset. To use WaveSecure on your new handset please follow the below instructions.
That's the email I got...doesn't seam fair to me I know they have to make money but the app seams to be designed around not fearing the worst for your mobile phone. Either way I'm grateful that it all worked out. Not sure how you guys feel about it.

Upvote 0
So they did transfer your account to your new phone right?

Also I am waiting to see how it works out with McAfee. I have never been a big fan of theirs.

Yeah I did get to transfer it over I just wish it would have gone smoothly and for whatever reason I was under the impression you could transfer it to another phone so long as the older/broken one was deactivated...makes sense to me.

Upvote 0
That's because it was technically still in beta for all of us that jumped on it before the subscriptions started up (I am one of those too....)

I am glad that they offered to move you at least this time in light of your circumstances, but I know for a fact that when it breaks on my phone - I move to a different phone, if McAfee is behind them I am most definitely not going back with them again.

Upvote 0
The one thing I loved about Wave Secure was the helpfulness of the developer and the fact he quickly responded to the posts here.

This is the first post I think I have seen where a problem with Wave Secure was talked about and CheeWee (I think was his name) did not post within a day of the OP's orginal post. Sad to lose that kinda of attention:(, but glad he was successful at what he did.

Upvote 0
There is also the fact that it has grown tremendously since I first started using it. I would not be surprised if there are several thousand users, if not more now.

Back when it was a manageable 100-200, it was easy to respond. So I in no way blame him for not responding, particularly when he has the website going now, and if it is true that McAfee is looking to buy / has purchased options / is in negotiations to buy the product outright, then he is definitely a very busy man.

Upvote 0
There is also the fact that it has grown tremendously since I first started using it. I would not be surprised if there are several thousand users, if not more now.

Back when it was a manageable 100-200, it was easy to respond. So I in no way blame him for not responding, particularly when he has the website going now, and if it is true that McAfee is looking to buy / has purchased options / is in negotiations to buy the product outright, then he is definitely a very busy man.

I wholly agree with you, what amazed me was that he did respond even with the number of downloads on it. I never would have expected that and it sold me on being a committed customer. I highly doubt McAfee will be so responsive, but we shall see.

Upvote 0
Don't count on McAfee to be even a third helpful. And its confirmed go to the site McAfee is already plastered all over. I can't blame him for not responding on here or letting McAfee in because 1 with growth comes customer service sacrifices, see wally world for details, wavesecure is no longer the small town shop it was when I first got it and 2 if McAfee offered him a good amount of cash which would surprise me this type of security is a way for them to get money off of pc users AND smartphone users then I'm assuming he would take it, come on he probably wasn't wealthy to begin with like most developers...

Upvote 0
Oh, trust m, I know all about McAfee - I used to use SiteAdvisor, and they had a particular site marked as bad that I know for a fact was not bad - and after 2 years SA would not change it.

When SA was independent of McAfee, changes took less than a week.

Still your points are well taken - as I said, I don't blame him whatsoever - now he can have the funding to do another app - or 10. lol.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones