1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Root Need help with wireless tether and adb..

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by GiveMeItNow, Aug 20, 2010.

1. GiveMeItNow

GiveMeItNow Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Im running second wave and im trying to remove wireless tether 2.0.2 so i can install the version to get ap mode. It has to be removed through adb but im having problems. When i type su im not getting the$. I dont know what to do. Tried looking for the androidwinusb.inf file to modify but i dont have that file in the tools folder.
    Im rooted, unrevoked forever, running second wave.

Update: I got it. Just used root explorer. Man do I love Root!

Advertisement

2. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

May 2, 2010
    Making the Establishment nervous
    Iowa|USA
    You sure it has to be removed? I read that somewhere too but I just loaded the new tether apk to my phone and loaded it right over the top and had no problems getting wireless AP although I wasn't running 2nd Wave.

3. GiveMeItNow

Mar 22, 2010
    No go. When i click the new file and open app mngr, the only option is to uninstall, not install. So I tried uninstalling 2.0.2 while i was in there and it said uninstall not successful.

4. iowabowtech

May 2, 2010
    Iowa|USA
    So are you good then? Will the new version load up now with the old one gone?

5. iowabowtech

May 2, 2010
    Iowa|USA
    Actually after some further investigation, I see now that my wireless_tether_2.0.5-pre3.apk actually ended up in my wirless tether folder. I downloaded straight onto my SD card and loaded it from there. Evidently, since it was a newer version, it must have replaced the old one? Anyway, it works great that way. I read somewhere we were supposed to get rid of the tether folder altogether but no need here. Maybe I just got lucky IDK. :)

6. GiveMeItNow

Mar 22, 2010
    No I'm not good now. I didn't get rid of The old version. I edited my post. Still need to remove 2.0.2 via adb.

7. GiveMeItNow

Mar 22, 2010
    When I rooted my phone I used the card method and had to go through adb for something. I thought I had it set up from that.(adb). But I guess i don't. Should I have to change something to get adb to work again?