• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need help with Xperia X8 e15a startup

Chapi

Lurker
Nov 24, 2011
Ok so, I really messed up my phone, which is actually pretty new...
In an attempt to install Android 2.3 I rooted, installed xRecovery and Busybox. After istalling the wrong ROM by accident my phone kept on booting and rebooting after starting screen...
Then I kept MD5 mismatch errors and I decided to clean up the phone formatting it all, everything went OK until I chose to format SD card... The xRecovery froze and after 30 mins like that to format a 1.8 GB SD card I decided to take off the battery (Bad idea).
Now everything I turn it on it freezes on the "Sony Ericsson" screen and even If I press back key, xRecovery wont start and it just freeze there and nothing else happens.

I tried taking off the SD card, trying to update it from PC using USB but PC won't see it because it doesn't even let me start it.
I have no idea of what to do, and there are no places on my city were I could take it to technical support.

If someone who is associated which this kind of errors could help me or give me a tip it would be REALLY helpful.
Thanks.

Try Using PC Companion: Connect your phone to your PC and turn it on. Look around the update phone section of PC Companion for an option called "Repair your phone". Just follow the steps and your phone will be in working order pretty soon
smile.gif

(sources : xda-developers)

Reactions: Chapi
Upvote 0
Try Using PC Companion: Connect your phone to your PC and turn it on. Look around the update phone section of PC Companion for an option called "Repair your phone". Just follow the steps and your phone will be in working order pretty soon
smile.gif

(sources : xda-developers)

Thanks for the help! But sadly I tried it and the PC companion "Repair your phone" option fails when trying to connect to the phone :S.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones