1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root Need help...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by knightwolf123, Feb 23, 2011.

1. knightwolf123

knightwolf123 Member

Warm rls5 isn't as fast as cm7
    Cm7 nightly 6 has no gps (still even after gps fix)
    warm z is just a port
    Should I just learn to make a rom myself?

Advertisement

2. An UrgeTo Dance

An UrgeTo Dance The Hero of the Winds

In general if you want Sense you are going to be slower than CM7, CM7 RC1 the gps works fine. If you want to build a ROM go for it, its nice to have new developers although I warn you its not an easy thing to do. You just need to weigh the ups and downs of each ROM. Almost no matter what ROM you are on you are going to have pros and cons. If you look in my signature it has the ROM I use for Sense and my AOSP ROM. For sense I use King's ROM it is fast and works well, it is faster than rls5, also if you are looking for speed MikFroyo is another good Sense ROM. If you want pure speed and pure google try out CM7 RC1, it is probably the fastest ROM you will try and with RC1 almost everything works smoothly the only things not working right now is 4g and hdmi.

3. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User

Mik and Kings are quicker than anything I have used including cm...but it required overclocking.

virus' rom's came in a close third...he only has a few that have everything working though

4. An UrgeTo Dance

An UrgeTo Dance The Hero of the Winds

Yeah Mik and Kings are very fast I didn't think they were faster than CM but I haven't really put any of them to a test. The reason I am using CM now is because it is clean nothing on it, I never use Sense and don't really like it.

5. knightwolf123

knightwolf123 Member

i had the latest cm7 rc1 nightly #6 02/23/2011 and even after the "boot into a sence rom, type into dialer" fix it still had no gps which sucks because i use adw launcher anyways. so i am not sence dependant

i really want a myns gingerbread but that'll be a few months im sure

if i can get my damn gps working with anything cm7 then i would actually be happy
    wimax is included in nightly6

6. Xtremedays

Xtremedays Android Expert

I have been running Evervolv GB beta 3 for a couple weeks now and it is very quick. GPS fix worked for me on this one. 4g still does not work though I am not in a 4g area and hdmi is broken still but again, I don't use that either. Other than that, everything is functional. VVM is usable on it also with the fix. Savage 1.6 Kernel works well with it and doesnt break anything that I know of. Just switched to Savage-zen 0.1.0 so the jury is out on that one as yet.

7. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert

The fastest sense rom I've tried is Culkulin's 1.8, just my .02 cents

Tags: