1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

need help!!!

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by zombie762, Sep 3, 2011.

1. zombie762

zombie762 Lurker

ok hi everyone new guy here. well a couple weeks ago i bought i vizio tablet and i had been using it for everything but last wednesday it started freezing up and deleting stuff so i decided to return it to get my money back and get something else. before i did that i did the factory restore setting were its supposed to delete everything. so yesterday i returned it but now im freaking myself out thinking someone could do a recovery on it and find all my personal info and pics on their.am i over reacting? im just scared to H*ll right now that some one could get into my personal stuff! any opinions would be great! thank you everyone

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. cds0699

cds0699 Android Expert

I'm pretty sure you're fine. I'm not aware of any way to do a recovery after a factory reset.

3. zombie762

zombie762 Lurker

i really hope your right, thank you. any other opinions are welcome

4. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...

Personally my suggestion is to not lose any sleep over it... Depending on where you purchased the Vizio tablet, they will likely return it to Vizio where it will be re-imaged which should overwrite the tablets memory.

5. bluetear83

bluetear83 Lurker

sorry to ask here...anyone noe how to transfer files inside the phone to the micro sd card?

6. zombie762

zombie762 Lurker

thats kinda bothering me also, like what if some dumb*ss is cleaning it up and finds all my stuff on their, then uses it for something. thats my main concern. i know its a pretty big stretch for that to happen but im still kinda paranoid about it. anyway thanks for the advice

7. txwolf1980

txwolf1980 Android Enthusiast

Relax. you're good. When you do a factory reset, it wipes the user data section of the partition, as well as system and data, and reinstalls it from recovery. There is no way to recover it. Period. It simply deletes the data completely. This isn't like your old magnetic hard disk where it simply overwrites and you can still get enough bits and pieces for a reconstruction. This is completely digital. Nothing exists in the user data partition after a reset.