• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

need help!!!

zombie762

Lurker
Sep 3, 2011
ok hi everyone new guy here. well a couple weeks ago i bought i vizio tablet and i had been using it for everything but last wednesday it started freezing up and deleting stuff so i decided to return it to get my money back and get something else. before i did that i did the factory restore setting were its supposed to delete everything. so yesterday i returned it but now im freaking myself out thinking someone could do a recovery on it and find all my personal info and pics on their.am i over reacting? im just scared to H*ll right now that some one could get into my personal stuff! any opinions would be great! thank you everyone

Relax. you're good. When you do a factory reset, it wipes the user data section of the partition, as well as system and data, and reinstalls it from recovery. There is no way to recover it. Period. It simply deletes the data completely. This isn't like your old magnetic hard disk where it simply overwrites and you can still get enough bits and pieces for a reconstruction. This is completely digital. Nothing exists in the user data partition after a reset.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones