1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Need help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TheBluntNinja, Dec 23, 2012.

1. TheBluntNinja

TheBluntNinja Lurker

So I'm using Link2SD, because the storage space on the Desire is abysmal. Now... I tried installing an app from the Play store, but it only partially downloaded, never got to the linking process, and took up a ton of space on the internal memory. I went in with my ES File Explorer, and looked around to see what I could delete. I saw that the dalvik cache folder was nearly 100mb, and thought "Hey, it's cache, apps just restore that as it's needed." I looked it up, and everyone was saying that deleting dalvik cache won't do anything damaging... so I did.

Now almost none of my apps work and I have even LESS internal storage. WHAT DO I DO?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Android Expert

3. TheBluntNinja

TheBluntNinja Lurker

Yes, rooted, s-off, the whole thing... I'm running the original ROM, though. I can't give up sense

4. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Hi TheBluntNinja, and welcome to AF :)

How did you delete the dalvik cache? Do not attempt to do this using a file explorer while running android. Do it from recovery then reboot the phone.

BTW it's not at all the same as the app cache - the dalvik elements (.dex files) are part of the installed app, and the whole lot will be rebuilt when you boot the phone.

Link2SD does add an init.d script, so I'm not sure whether it will work with the stock ROM (which if I remember does not support init scripting). You might be better to use a pre-rooted stock ROM - will have same look and feel, but usually a few extra capabilities. See that section of the ROM list linked from the Desire All Things Root Guide sticky post in the All Things Root forum.

And while on that subject, I think this discussion belongs in All Things Root, so forgive me if I just move it over there...

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews