• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need help

Let me post a better quality one from another upload site http://s12.postimg.org/af75bab8d/20120922_191214.jpg tell me if it has the hidden location tags.

The geo-location tags are part of the EXIF data embedded in the image.

There's no EXIF and/or location data in that picture at all. However that doesn't mean that the original doesn't contain this data. The EXIF data is sometimes stripped when you upload to a picture hosting site. Is this the original image or only a 5k thumbnail representation of it?

Upvote 0

There's no EXIF and/or location data in that picture at all. However that doesn't mean that the original doesn't contain this data. The EXIF data is sometimes stripped when you upload to a picture hosting site. Is this the original image or only a 5k thumbnail representation of it?

This and

Your camera app should have a setting that allows you to disable geo tagging

this.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

Is location data usually stripped when you upload a picture to facebook?

Upvote 0

how do I know if this the original image or only a 5k thumbnail representation of it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones