1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General need help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by needhelp23, Jun 2, 2010.

1. needhelp23

needhelp23 New Member

Jun 2, 2010
    I have a droid eris. I had to create a g-mail account for my phone to be able to go on the android market. This was the accounts sole purpose since I do not use email. I never used it and google randomely deleted my account one day so now I can't get into the market. My internet works fine but the main attributes of my phone are not working. I have tried to link a new account to my phone but since they disabled the account completely, I am locked out and the password doesn't work. Does anyone know how I would fix this problem without having to do a hard-reset. I have many apps and do ot want to have to download them again as well as lose all the high scores on my games. I desperately need help! Anyone who knows anything about this or how to fix it, please reply.

Advertisement

2. bjf88

bjf88 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Have you tried "forgot my password" on gmail? Have you tried going to settings>accounts & sync and logged out the Google? Then you could just put in your new gmail account.

3. scrubs

scrubs Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    If you are certain that the account has been deleted, I would contact google directly to complain. Since they designed the Android software, which requires a gmail account to function, they need to reinstate your account.