• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need Help!!

Yes. If you want to backup data, I recommend trying Titanium Backup or Helium. Also hope formatting your sdcard fixes your problem!

You're half right. Apps having access to the SD Card & apps installing to the SD Card are 2 different things. Obbs & data are considered part of the app by Android, so they are controlled by Android. Apps can move them, but Android will still think they are in their default location. This is why we have to have apps like Foldermount & Link2SD (Which, BTW, was around since Gingerbread. Way before SD Card support was even broken). Google Play lets Android choose what location should be the default location. If our phone didn't have a messed up kernel this could be changed with pm set-install-location. Also, the "Update for Lollipop support" has nothing to do with SD Card, just means it runs on Lollipop.
Two halves make a whole? Lol. Either way, Google never should have made the change they did to SD card support. Its cause too many problems and it worked the way it was supposed to in the first place.
Dear Google, if it ain't broke, don't effin' break it!

Reactions: Jack Mickey
Upvote 0
Since you have the kdz anyway, why not just flash and be done with it? No harm should come as long as you have the appropriate repair method...
Man! (bangs head against desk) why didnt i think of that! If i get tired of cm12, then i can just start over using the LG Flash Tool. (forcibly inserts palm to center of forehead)

Upvote 0
Man! (bangs head against desk) why didnt i think of that! If i get tired of cm12, then i can just start over using the LG Flash Tool. (forcibly inserts palm to center of forehead)
Dude, I watched that video. Hit the 3dot menu and select 'Show sd card' then just proceed normally. It will ask you every single time after but you only gotta check the box once.

Upvote 0
How strange.. My sd card that i cant backup to is a SanDisk Ultra PLUS 32GB micro SDHC. I have a micro SD pq1 2GB card out of my old rooted Optimus Elite or Zte Awe that works fine. I was able to copy move delete files and Erase Sd. On the one im having issues with, i cant even Erase Sd. Im going to plug them both into my pc and format the 32gb to the same as the working 2gb. Hopefully that fixes my issues.

Upvote 0
Stranger.. I took these screenshots of the properties of the 2 sd cards. The working sd card has an accurate timestamp whereas the one that doent work has a timestamp from 12/31/1969. Also, i cant alter the contents of the non working 32 gb sd card in any way on any other device. (lg optimus elite- jelly bean cm10, zte awe kitkat cm11). I also cant Erase Sd on any other device with the 32 gb sd. This leads me to believe any of these scenarios:
1. My 32gb sd is broke
2. It is write - protected
3. I unknowingly downloaded a virus
Ive had slightly similiar issues with a hard drive when i accidentally downloaded a horrid ransomeware known as CryptoWall.
If i cant resolve the issue with a thorough reformat using Easeus Partition Master, ill be using dragonharts method until i can purchase a new one. Thanks again for eveyones help. You guys have taught me ALOT of very useful things in the past couple days!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-19-01-28-16.png
    Screenshot_2015-07-19-01-28-16.png
    81 KB · Views: 76
  • Screenshot_2015-07-19-01-25-56.png
    Screenshot_2015-07-19-01-25-56.png
    81.2 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Stranger.. I took these screenshots of the properties of the 2 sd cards. The working sd card has an accurate timestamp whereas the one that doent work has a timestamp from 12/31/1969. Also, i cant alter the contents of the non working 32 gb sd card in any way on any other device. (lg optimus elite- jelly bean cm10, zte awe kitkat cm11). I also cant Erase Sd on any other device with the 32 gb sd. This leads me to believe any of these scenarios:
1. My 32gb sd is broke
Ive had slightly similiar issues with a hard drive when i accidentally downloaded a horrid ransomeware known as CryptoWall.
If i cant resolve the issue with a thorough reformat using Easeus Partition Master, ill be using dragonharts method until i can purchase a new one. Thanks again for eveyones help. You guys have taught me ALOT of very useful things in the past couple days!!
Yep sounds like your SD Card is either corrupted or needs to be formatted. Hope you have luck getting it to work!

Upvote 0
Stranger.. I took this screenshots of the properties of the 2 sd cards. The working sd card has an accurate timestamp whereas the one that doent work has a timestamp from 12/31/1969. Also, i cant alter the contents of the non working 32 gb sd card in any way on any other device. (lg optimus elite- jelly bean cm10, zte awe kitkat cm11). I also cant Erase Sd on any other device with the 32 gb sd. This leads me to believe any of these scenarios:
1. My 32gb sd is broke
Yep sounds like your SD Card is either corrupted or needs to be formatted. Hope you have luck getting it to work!
Im almost 100% my sd catd is damaged. On my pc, it says it is write-protected. Ive tried various programs and methods to remove write protection and format it. No dice. I read that micro sd's and flash drives will often state they are write protected when damaged. Which could be possible in my situation. Ill be purchasing a new one tomorrow.

Upvote 0
Im almost 100% my sd catd is damaged. On my pc, it says it is write-protected. Ive tried various programs and methods to remove write protection and format it. No dice. I read that micro sd's and flash drives will often state they are write protected when damaged. Which could be possible in my situation. Ill be purchasing a new one tomorrow.
Your card may not be damaged. When i last had a problem like this I opened up the SD Card adapter and found out that it was broken and had dirt in it. When i used another it worked. Did you try another adapter?

Upvote 0
This phone is so amazing!! So happy i got it working. If this looks dangerous to you guys let me know.
This still on stock I'm going to assume. While benchmarks don't mean much compared to real-world usage, that's a decent score. Compared to CM which only gave me about half this.
Just shows there is a lot of optimization needed yet. Seeing as my dual core ZTE Awe could score 16k+, there is PLENTY of untapped potential just waiting for us under the hood

Upvote 0
This still on stock I'm going to assume. While benchmarks don't mean much compared to real-world usage, that's a decent score. Compared to CM which only gave me about half this.
Just shows there is a lot of optimization needed yet. Seeing as my dual core ZTE Awe could score 16k+, there is PLENTY of untapped potential just waiting for us under the hood
Yea im still on stock. Well downgraded with root. I used 3C toolbox and turned on all four cores. Games run super smooth. Also used RomToolbox Pro to change my boot anim. Gotta say i ABSOLUTELY love this phone now!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones