1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Need helping choosing a mid range smartphone

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Calriss, May 30, 2016.

1. Calriss

Calriss Lurker
    None

May 30, 2016
    Male
    I've been trying to decide on a phone now for a few weeks and I'm seeking some advice. I'm on T-mobile and my budget is around $350. Here's what I'm looking for:

-Supports T-mobiles band 12 as I will be using the phone indoors alot; and since I'm paying for it I would like to use it.
    -5' + screen as I watch a lot of videos/streams and this device is replacing my small tablet as well. (I prefer Amoled displays but its not 100% necessary)
    -MicroSD expansion.
    -Battery life! I would really love for it to be removable as well.
    -I would prefer to buy the product new.
    -A decent camera

Extra bells and whistles: NFC, finger print scanners, and ir blasters and the like are all neat but not really playing into my choice.

Advertisement

2. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
  3. Calriss

Calriss Lurker
    None

May 30, 2016
    Male
    I should mention that I'm looking to buy the phone unlocked and not on contract.

4. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
  5. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    @Calriss
    Given the list of what you'd like for T-Mobile,just the price point/new/I-R Blaster/Band 12 alone narrow the field to pretty much what I listed previously.
    AT&T phones are T-Mobile friendly as well,but,if you're into modding (root/ROMS),that's a no-go.
    Using http://willmyphonework.net/ will hasten your search,as you may find international versions of the models listed that support Band 12.
    Good luck in your search & again,WELCOME TO ANDROID FORUMS ! :thumbsupdroid:

6. Calriss

Calriss Lurker
    None

May 30, 2016
    Male
    The V10 looks nice but I'm concerned with the battery life. If I had to give up band 12 (I'm currently using a lg g3 that ill be returning due to defects and it doesnt have it) the galaxy s5 seems like a decent choice.