1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Need helpl with file management .. Micro SD card

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mr Peabody, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Mr Peabody

Mr Peabody Newbie
    None

Dec 29, 2011
    I'm a new owner of this Exhibit II.

Coming from CM7 tablet, I'm getting familiar with this Samsung touchwiz Phone.

1) My PC is not recognizing the device via USB cable when I open my computer. ( I'd like to fix this so I can see phone on my PC when hooked via USB )

EDIT : Found Solution to issue 1.
    2) With files on my Phone, I move my files manually to the Micro SD card which is mounted to my phone one file at a time - using the " FILES " app that was preinstalled on the phone.

This is really inefficient and slow process. Is there a way that I can resolve issue 1) .. and / or I'd like to move files from internal storage to my uSD card as a folder or group of files .. is that possible ?

Thanks

Advertisement

2. Tom98168

Tom98168 Lurker
    None

Jan 5, 2012
    Technical Writer
    Seattle
    Mr Peabody,

Note that when you invoke the Files app's Move function from the More submenu, a checkbox appears to the right of all files in the folder. To move a group of files in a single operation, simply check each file you'd like to move.

When you've finished selecting your group of files, click the Move button. navigate to the target folder, then click the Move Here button. All files will be moved to your new location in a single operation.

HTH,

Tom

3. Mr Peabody

Mr Peabody Newbie
    None

Dec 29, 2011
    Thanks.

Works like a charm.