• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Need ideas on car dock...

Hello everyone! Happy Thanksgiving!

I am wanting a place in my car to put my Cappy so I can use it for music, navigation, calling, etc. I know I'm being a little picky here, but I would like it in a place that is very accessible. Because I tend to sit pretty far back in my seat, and because my car has a recessed dashboard, a dashboard kit or windshield mount is going to be a little too far away. A vent mount might work, but isn't ideal for me. Here is a pic of my setup:

5207549540_f587f1b7a7_b.jpg

Does anyone have any ideas for me? What I really need is something robotic that goes underneath my head unit that slides out! :D But seriously, is there any type of mount that I would somehow be able to stick in that space below my head unit?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Has anyone had good experience with the Dash Genie? It seems to have good reviews, and I like the fact that it doesn't have any spring-loaded arms...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones