1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Need immediate help (possible soft or hard brick)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bjf18, Nov 8, 2014.

1. bjf18

bjf18 Newbie

i am in need of immediate help. i believe i messed up somewhere. i have rooted my S3 from verizon prepaid using the towelroot app. the saferoot wouldnt work. after that i tried using unified android toolkid to try and flash in a new recovery that was teamwin or something like that. after that i tried to reboot into recovery and just got a black screen so i restarted into the system and tried it again and it went back into odin mode. tried flashing it again but no luck. so i seen you cant do recovery or roms until the bootloader is unlocked so i searched around to unlock it. i found a site that gave an app called EZ-unlock14. i clicked on unlock in the app and it said unlocked and i rebooted and just got black screen. i tried to boot into recovery, the system and just get a black screen. it wont even vibrate like it normally does like its going to start up. however when connected to my computer, my computer still recognizes it. so im stumped at the moment. im unsure on how to fix this issue. i just hope its not hard bricked because this phone isnt exactly cheap on prepaid. so any help please ASAP?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±
    VIP Member

Can you get into ODIN mode? (a.k.a. download mode)

3. bjf18

bjf18 Newbie

no nothing. it will keep like disconnecting from my computer so its like its a bootloop. i found something on the net called a jig that puts the s3 into odin mode even if its hard bricked. only thing that worries me is if the bootloader corrupted by trying to unlock it or something that it just ruins it all

4. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±
    VIP Member

Hmmm, yeah, not sure but using that EZ lock app with the locked bootloader may, just may have been a bad thing. :eek:
    You can try a jig or the last resort is to contact these dudes:
    Samsung Galaxy S III JTAG Brick Repair - MobileTechVideos
    They sell jigs there too;) or they can unbrick it if need be.

5. bjf18

bjf18 Newbie

ok thanks lol but i dont wanna have to pay fifty bucks just to fix a brick. ill try the jig lol

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews