1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Need internet on Optimus S phone, FROM LAPTOP with AIRCARD???

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chuckctv, Jun 26, 2011.

1. chuckctv

chuckctv Lurker
    None

Jun 26, 2011
    Heres the deal guys,

Yes im being cheap, but so what if it works.. right?

I got my brothers Optimus S (LS670ZVD) off him 2 weeks ago. I love it. No service, i put it into airplane mode, and the battery life is super.

I have WIFI at home, freinds houses, even most restaurants and places, all auto-setup to switch when in range. its great. but long trips , i dont have no net. But i could if some one can help me here.

Im willing to root if this will help also.

My laptop has a verizon air-card in it (stuck in contract); its a pcmcia one, You would think it would be easy to share this through my laptop when on trips with my optimus and other wifi devices, but i CAN NOT GET IT TO TWORK> pulling my hair out here.

Ive tried connectify & virtualROuter, neither work , connectify refuses to let my aircard connect, ive tried/changed everything and searched the net forever, and virtualrouter refuses to startup even with other hack tricks.

this should not be hard to do. so how can i get internet from my laptop (with verizon air-card internet), to the Optimus S??

I also have a 54g USB wifi adapter besides the bluetooth/wifi biult in also.

PLEASE HELP... AD-HOC is easy idea, but android does not work with AD_HOC.

btw- I run Win 7 Premium 32-bit also.

thanks (im very techy, just cant find the info, everything seems to send me back to the above 2 programs).

PLEASE HELP...
    chuck

Advertisement

2. chuckctv

chuckctv Lurker
    None

Jun 26, 2011
    dont worry, i found the ABSOLUTE ONLY guarenteed way to do this, after spending 2 after noons and all day today on this problem.. works on any version of windows.