• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need LG Update Center APK Asap!!!!

loyal_90_

Lurker
Nov 9, 2014
Hi guys i rooted my boost mobile lg volt yesterday and i deleted the update center app.which is used to update phones software and also the lg apps the icon is still in my apps but when i click on it it doesnt work please help i would like the update center apk or the stock rom for the lg volt and instructions thanks

Im betting a pro will get on here and tell you its not possible to install a system level app like that via apk. I think youll either need to get to fastboot and install clockwork mod then install the .apk via a .zip or just flash the stock V4 ROM. Just curious what you want it for? Qremote and Qslide are the only two usable stock apps I left on there. I did leave update center so IDK if it renders them unusable. The music app is a resource whore, home and themes and keyboard and themes are rubbish too. Good luck!

Upvote 0
The 5.1.1 update for the LG Leon (Metro PCS and Tmobile) will fix the memory leak issue, improve battery life for WiFi calling and in general, and there is a screen fix too. There may be a few more minor things it will fix, but that's all the articles have said for now.

The update also locks the bootloader and patches the one click root vulnerability. So I'd skip the OTA update and just flash the kdz of the update yourself and run a root zip in recovery.

Upvote 0
The 5.1.1 update for the LG Leon (Metro PCS and Tmobile) will fix the memory leak issue, improve battery life for WiFi calling and in general, and there is a screen fix too. There may be a few more minor things it will fix, but that's all the articles have said for now.

The update also locks the bootloader and patches the one click root vulnerability. So I'd skip the OTA update and just flash the kdz of the update yourself and run a root zip in recovery.
That's nice and all, but that's not our phone. o_O

Upvote 0
Sweet! I did the same thing as loyal_90 and needed this Badly. I'm on Boost Mobile, does it matter what carrier you're on? Also, I'm on V5 and had to factory reset but somehow kept root (? Lol I'll take it :) ) and apparently still have busybox because Viper4Android needed it in order to work, I re-downloaded it and it works perfectly :)

Upvote 0
Sweet! I did the same thing as loyal_90 and needed this Badly. I'm on Boost Mobile, does it matter what carrier you're on? Also, I'm on V5 and had to factory reset but somehow kept root (? Lol I'll take it :) ) and apparently still have busybox because Viper4Android needed it in order to work, I re-downloaded it and it works perfectly :)
That's because factory reset just removes user apps and data and resets settings to default. You can make any app you don't want to lose in a factory reset a system app and it will still be there after.

Reactions: TimmayJones
Upvote 0
Nice :) I bootlooped trying to get to the bottom of why my 4g quit working, I have LTE Discovery app showing I'm getting a signal so I figured I needed to update the PRL but I deleted the app. The one here is an apk so should I just be able to install it normally?
You'll have to manually put it in /system/priv-app/
Not sure this will fix your problem though. Pretty sure you need LGDMSClient.

Reactions: TimmayJones
Upvote 0
OK, here's where it's gonna get weird...I got the LGDMSClient, installed it but not as a system app but as a downloaded one, it's in that section of my apps list. I rebooted and kept getting "unfortunately android phone has stopped" every 5 seconds. I managed to get the PRL updated in between the notifications, then deleted the app and the notifications stopped. So now I have reinstalled the app, didn't reboot first like before, and now it's updating the profile but it's taking a long time BUT the LTE is working now as it's updating the profile. I don't have the switch set on LTE/CDMA, its on CDMA only so I guess the update itself is switching it on and off...anyway, I don't know how long to let it attempt to update, its been about an hour and I'll probably leave it on all night if need be. The LTE is currently working, if I stop the update process (it says "The network is preparing your services. Please wait..." but its doing Something cos the 4g is working now) Could it have gotten enough of the update by now fir the 4g to keep working if I stop the update, or will it cancel out the fix that seems to have taken place? The 4G indicator is still on and the spark is spinning like it used to before it screwed up, and it is switching between 3g and 4g just like it did before..

Upvote 0
Never mind :) I guess it shouldnt have worked but apparently it did. I stopped the update and it got stuck on "stopping the update" overnight so I rebooted and 4g is now working again, I can't even begin to understand why it worked but it did. I got the "android phone has stopped" flashing every 5 seconds again so in between the notifications, I maneuvered to my superuser and deleted the app and now everything is back to normal. I have no idea why this actully worked but I'll take it :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones