1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Need links to default apps for Moto C Plus

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by an_user53, Jun 28, 2020.

1. an_user53

an_user53 Lurker

I was playing around with adb, and deleted some stock apps. Now I find two minor problems:

1. When I try to give an app permission to sd card, that app crashes. Also when i try to access sd card from settings tab, settings app crashes. I think its got to do with file explorer, but not sure which app that i deleted is causing this.

2. When I try to download something, say from google drive, the download wont start, nothing happens. I am guessing its got to do with downloads manager which i deleted.

Would be great if anyone would suggest what can I do here.

Thanks

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

3. an_user53

an_user53 Lurker

Thank you so much for the link, but I'm really not looking to have to flash, if there is an apk file available for the apps.

4. an_user53

an_user53 Lurker

Is there a way to get the Storage Access Framework (SAF) back without having to flash. That would mostly solve my problem

5. svim

svim Extreme Android User

Depending on just which system-level apps/services you've deleted, there might not be any APKs available. A lot of manufacturer and/or carrier specific apps are integrated into the device's ROM/firmware and not openly accessible to consumers. Flashing the ROM might be your only option.

Dannydet and ocnbrze like this.
  6. an_user53

an_user53 Lurker

Thank you svim for your time and advice. I agree, flashing seems to be the only option, but I am very iffy about the whole process. My device works fine without the two apps, I think i will let it pass for now. I'm open to more suggestions if anybody has any.

Thanx

7. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid.

Did you use “pm uninstall -k --user 0 <name of package>”

If yes, that doesn't remove the app from the system partition, only the user. You can do a factory reset and get the removed apps back.

Or if you know the package name this should work to reinstall it without resetting:
    adb shell cmd package install-existing <name of package>

More info here:
    https://www.xda-developers.com/uninstall-carrier-oem-bloatware-without-root-access/
    If you disabled apps through ADB:
    https://www.xda-developers.com/disable-system-app-bloatware-android/

an_user53 likes this.
  8. an_user53

an_user53 Lurker

Cant thank you enough @kate, it actually worked. Just reset my device and it all came back. Had no idea that it was only removed for the user and not from the phone entirely. This is a great way of debloating, and if something goes wrong(which very often it does), you can still go back to normal by a factory reset. Thank you once again

Motorola Moto C Plus Forum

The Motorola Moto C Plus release date was June 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1/2GB RAM, MT6737 processor, and 4000mAh battery.

June 2017
Release Date
Reviews