• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help NEED MAJOR HELP..things stink in denmark

misters5

Lurker
Aug 23, 2014
Greetings All,
Im a newcomer to the site. to give you a little background about me, I have been an outside telecom technician for 15 years for 1 of the 2 major ones. However experienced I am with repairing and conditioning circuits, I am very limited when it comes to programming and o.s. I have always owned android phones, having service with Verizon for 7 or 8 years. My last smartphone was a Samsung stratosphere, as was my wife's. We have been tied up in a nasty lawsuit over anestate for almost 3 years, and in early 2013 I had a terrible wreck on my way to work, crossing over the median of a busy hwy. I was tboned and 6 cars were involved. I shattered numerous cervical and thoracic vertebrae along with herniations and destruction of my spinal ligaments. long story short, I went out of work the last quarter of 2013 for a spinal fusion. ultimately things didn't go well and had to have another one first quarter of 2014. I was out of work for almost 9 months. My point in giving some of the backstory is that their is high potential for private investigators to have gotten involved in my life, including my employer, So, Things started getting weird last year. wMy wife and I had our identity stolen right around the time we noticed our home computer network had been breached. My cell and personal home network security had not been a major issue, as I am a trusting person in general, and I don't have a lot somebody would want. Basically, didn't pay a lot of attention to apps on my phone, etc. When I did started paying attention we started noticing lots of apps that had hidden properties that I would never have allowed. Basically, all my properties let anybody out there do anything that I could do. Take pics, record audio, intercept text, read, write, overwrite anything, create mock gps locations etc. Had one called popupui, and popupreceiver. IPsec showed up on my phone, that, at the time, I had no clue what IPsec was. We did notice however, as we had a personal pc running windows 8, that all our cellular devices had static local ip's..the external ips seemed to all run on port 80? and our uverse seemed to be involved as all our settop boxes had static ips and had teredo tunneling set up ip4 to ip6. Then I started noticing on my wifes account on the pc odd apps for appswitching, mission control, etc...things she had no clue about(she was the administrator by default as she had done the initial setup). then one day I set my cell down by hers and noticed that everytime our devices got close to one another(including tablets) that one device would be transmitting while one was receiving. Then we noticed that the imei on ne of the tablets didn't match the device cell number? it was 2 different numbers. The crap really hit the fan when my wife showed me how she could send a text from the tablet without a wifi or tower connection? I had the router unplugged and mobile data disabled. Then, figured out that all my uverse boxes were wired in series, and the signal was coming in either wirelessly or through the power wires. I had 7 settop boxes, all wired Ethernet, and disconnected all Ethernet everywhere and was still picking up signal. we figured out they were in series, when if you unplugged box say c, boxes d,e, and f wouldn't work, but a and b would. Bizarrely, went out to my power box and in a knockout was a plastic insert that saidHPNA. this was brand new to me as I had never seen any uverse product work off power. When I went to log into router to change password, couldn't get into it. already had been changed. And for a little more info, our personal pc on windows 8 was running windows server sql 2012. whenever we would log in it would say running server virtualization. All apps on my phone changed one day, and although very similar, it was obvious a custom rom had been put on my and mywifes phone and all traffic through cells or tablets was going through pc. At this point I shut everything down. everything. took computer to shop, and took all batteries out of cells along with sim cards and sd. Eventually our account at Verizon was suspended and cut off. Fast Forward to may of this year.decided to get new s5's through att for me and my wife.things were odd at the store, and although inew exactly what I wanted and was an employee, took over an hour for 2 phones to get cut on. at one point salesman called somebody to get authorization. Then, doing his tghing, told me they had to set up some type of acct on each phone..no big deal he said..you can delete it later. So, now, major problems with s5's from day 1. Preconfigured access point on both phones called attphone. I cannot remove it or alter it. IPsec is on this phone along with knox, however I have no knox icon, and cant toggle anywhere between work/personal(strictly personal anyway). VPN CLIENT is on phone, yet I cant search play store and find VPN CLIENT APP. The screen mirroring stays on by default, you can never turn it off. both me and my wife have over 300 apps each, all with hidden properties giving anybody remote access to do anything they want. About a month after we had phones, texting capability stopped on mine and my wifes. even after factory resets cant text. Have bizarre certificates on phone from foreign countries. From day 1 in "my files" had folders that pre-dated day I got phone. Some saying December 1969. the open source licenses starts with "bootloader". then goes ?/fake_packages/help_video-timestamp, fake_packages/mobicorebin-timestamp, /fake_packages/oxygen_packages-timestamp, Fake_packages/wlan_packages-timestamp, /kernel,/modem,/root/file_contexts,/root/init,/root/property_contexts, ?root/publiccert.pem,/root/sbin/adbd, etc etc. I have an application called ANT radio that really freaksme out. additionally, we both have apps listed under "purchased". I have yet to purchase 1 app. Allshare cast dongle. Also, ! app Quick Connect Interaction Se(cant see the rest) is always on..Cant turn it off, remove it, etc. When I googled it a youtube link showed where this app could be turned on and off and accessed by pulling down the notification bar. Ours has no such icon. I have three choices for device administrator including, Android System, Lookout mobile, sometimes drive. I forgot to mention that through my research at one point, it appears our uverse has a "bootloader" on it, and may berunning a program called raccoon? Apps are changed daily, and icons don't match the app. you have to open every one to find out what it actually is. And lastly, the default android browser has been giving me an "issue with certificate page" just about every time I use it. However it says the browser is called chromium? If on chrome, get same message with different colored background, and says chrome. Here are my device details..says ip 10.243.41.##. Model number SAMSUNG-SM-G900A. Android version 4.4.2. Baseband version G900AUCU2AND3. Kernel version 3.4.0-964333 dpi@SWDD5009 #1(my wifes is number 2 or 3, other Samsung tablet is either 2 or 3 oddly as it is first gen, Wed Apr 16 15:21:14 KST 2014. Build number KOT 49H.G900AUCU2AND3, SE for Android status enforcing SERP_SAMSUNG-SM-G900A_4.4.2_0011 Wed Apr 16 15:20:51 2014. Security software version MDF v1.0 Release 2 VPN v1.4 Release 1. Lastly, this device seems to be a hybrid having properties that are equated with Microsoft, apple, android. I have downloaded, or attempted to download apps of play store only to be told my device isn't compatible.Referenced something that made it appear as if its an S4. The texting, when it worked was way bizarre, as texts came in and were stored out of order, and I cannot figure out the "color coding" of certain texts. I forgot to mention that we have had numerous break ins, and the wiring in the house was messed with, including having a vent fan installed in the attic running a 60 hz amp, with a T-coil set up. Custom romex placed with orange tagging, lost of additional bonding and grounding around the house, and 4 conductor power wire run out of distribution box with 1 side of having all copper grounds terminated to a common bus, and the other side having all the"white" neutrals terminated to its own bus. Their was no bonding of the two together. It seemed that the neutrals were being used for an inductive ground fault loop(i.e. the uverse working on the power). A NFC loop was definitely around the house as previously walking through certain doors or places would trigger transmitting or receiving as would my wifes. we had an old Cable coax drop wire attached to the house, andat some point earlier in the year our landline, which is voip, was apparently coming in on it and we were switched from att to a company called "wireless republic". after dismantling a lot of this it seems that an infrared loop around my house was set up with floodlights, and very importantly, our Air conditioning unit is tied in to the voltage, with power backfeeding from it, going out the house. we have a 4 conductor drop as at one point this neighborhood had 3 phasepower. I know the ac motor was being and probably still is used to generate a strong magnetic field(I have never felt ductwork mounted so rigidly and strongly). I could go on and on, and I would be glad to share more details with anybody interested. I need help. Any thoughts about problems would be great..I need to be armed with facts as a lot of this is so ridiculiously unnecessary and xcessive. I have called customer service numerous times, but have resigned myself to the fact that I am going to have to go face to face as it seems I am being filtered. Sometimes I think I am talking to an imposter, other times cant get through. Last week, got a rep to admit problems and he said he was connecting me to heir fraud/investigation dept...5 seconds later reverted back to original menu I got when I called in..then cut off. Its a bizarre crazy tale....Ill tyake any help or advice I can get...Oh yea..device is always beaming..always...and searched store for VPN CLIENT App. cant find it, however first app to populate is cisco anyconnect which is app I use at work to connect to company vpn?

sorry. there is so much problematic info I glossed over some. I know foreign certificates aren't an issue just because of being issued from another country. The 1st certificate Is (c) 2005 TURKTRUST Bilgi iletisim ve Bilisim Guvenligi Hizmetleri A.S.
TURKTRUST Elektronik Sertifika Hizmet Saglayicisi.
Turktrust, a certificate authority in Mozila's root program mis-issued two intermediate certificates to customers. Ther was concern that at least one of the mis-issued intermediate certificates was ued for man-in-the-middle(MITM) traffic management of domain names that the customer did not legitimely own or control. their was also concern that the private keys for thesecerts were not kept as secure as would be expected for intermediate certificates. An intermediate certificate that is used for MITM allows the holder of the certificate to decrypt and monitor ommunication within their network between the user ad any website. Also could lead to an attacker using I to create SSL certs containing domain names or IP addresses that the cert holder does not legititimitely own or control. This could cause problems. sorry for the lack of info.

Upvote 0
Hi
I just wanted to say that you're not alone. I could have written this exact post right down to the imposters when calling anywhere for technical help. Bizarre and extremely strange is for sure however everyone just thinks I'm paranoid but I can't make this crappie up if I tried. Been going through hell with it for last 2 years and it's taken away a huge part of my life. Sorry u are going through this but I was relieved to see I'm not alone. I can't offer help because I can't fix it and it never ends.

M.

Upvote 0
sorry. there is so much problematic info I glossed over some. I know foreign certificates aren't an issue just because of being issued from another country. The 1st certificate Is (c) 2005 TURKTRUST Bilgi iletisim ve Bilisim Guvenligi Hizmetleri A.S.
TURKTRUST Elektronik Sertifika Hizmet Saglayicisi.
Turktrust, a certificate authority in Mozila's root program mis-issued two intermediate certificates to customers. Ther was concern that at least one of the mis-issued intermediate certificates was ued for man-in-the-middle(MITM) traffic management of domain names that the customer did not legitimely own or control. their was also concern that the private keys for thesecerts were not kept as secure as would be expected for intermediate certificates. An intermediate certificate that is used for MITM allows the holder of the certificate to decrypt and monitor ommunication within their network between the user ad any website. Also could lead to an attacker using I to create SSL certs containing domain names or IP addresses that the cert holder does not legititimitely own or control. This could cause problems. sorry for the lack of info.

Here's the thing, many certificate authorities aren't particularly fussy about who they sell certificates to. Godaddy, a United States CA, will sell an SSL certificate to anyone who pays them $20 bucks. So just because a site is showing a secure HTTPS connection in your browser, doesn't necessarily mean it's legit.

That's why there's the higher security green certificates you might see now in your browser on certain sites. Those cost a lot of money, and whomever they're being issued to has to be thoroughly vetted, and only a select few CAs can issue them.. So if you see a green HTTPS for say Microsoft or Ebay or your bank, the idea is you know for sure it's really those sites, and not an imposter or a man-in-the-middle.

Last edited:
Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones