• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need MMS UAProf Patch

I just recently obtain a Motorola Milestone I am currently using it with t-mobile. Im on the $4.99 Edge plan that was fathered in a long time ago and have been using it sense the iPhone.
I have set everything up correctly on the Milestone for Picture Messaging and Internet except one thing, My pictures that I receive are no bigger than 6KB and are usually around 125x125

This was a common problem with users on iPhone the way it was fixed was by changing the UAProf to http://wap.sonyericsson.com/UAprof/W800iR101.xml I have looked around and found a guy who made a patch to the MMS client, everything works ok but it does have bugs when its installed and tends to crash. Will not show Contacts properly etc this was made for another device.

If somone can take his idea and apply it to the messaging App for the milestone 2.01 software i would be gratefull so i can receive full high quality pictures. Also can you add MMS Sending Size so i can change the limit to a little higher than 256kb something to like 500 or 715 would be nice.

Here is the files,
Index of /filez/

Here is the site from where he talks about it.
KUBA MMS

Here is my APN Setup
APNS,
T-Mobile Data
APN - internet2.voicestream.com
Proxy - None
Port - None
Username- None
Password- None
APN Type- defualt

T-Mobile MMS
APN - wap.voicestream.com
Proxy - None
Port - None
Username- None
Password- None
MMSC - http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
MMS Proxy - 216.155.165.20
MMS Port - 8080
APN Type - MMS

I can send and receive just fine other than the pictures are extremely small and like i said this was commona problem with iPhone it was the UAProf

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones