• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need more home screens.

launcher+ or helix launcher

I would've suggested Helix, but he specified that he wanted "the best app to ONLY add more home screens". Both of those apps come with bottom bars and various features as well... therefor, neither are what he wants.

I can't actually recall any app that adds only more home screens and nothing else. The closest thing I can think of is to use the launcher that Greek35T ported over, which is the default 2.1 Launcher2 app with either 5 or 7 screens rather than 3. The other thing you could do is to download xUltimate and add them yourself... but that might be a bit over your head.

If you want to take a peak at it, here is a link.

[app/script] xUltimate v1.2.4 **UPDATED 02/17/10**

snippet from update log said:
v1.2 xUltimate
-(patcher) Old Lockscreen
icon_mrgreen.gif
(2.0.1 ONLY ATM)
-(patcher) Old Lockscreen Vibrate instead of Silent
-(patcher) change (power hold) to Vibrate instead of Silent (It will be auto applied if you select any vibrate patch)
-(patcher) Mixzing Music Player (Change Ongoing Status Color)
-(patcher) Launcher 5 screens, auto rotate (BETA) - with (OPTIONAL AUTO ROTATE)
-Include a test function to make sure everything is fine and check for problem areas
-Redoing File operation (hopefully more compatible)
-Will optimize all .png files in your .apk's (Also go through them and delete Thumbs.db if in .apk's) Thumbs.db is a windows file and does not need to be in there. Usually left from sloppy themes.

Reactions: yzingerr
Upvote 0
How about one with the least amount of options then?

The whole point in most home screen replacements is to add options. Like anything else, if you don't want it, it can be turned off or simply ignored. Besides... you will probably find some features you absolutely love that you never even knew you wanted.

If you don't want to try your hand at xUltimate, then I would say try Helix first. I absolutely love it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones