1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Need my docking station app back - Help me Team Velocity!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by netizenmt, Jun 10, 2011.

1. netizenmt

netizenmt Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 3, 2010
    Technical Support
    Mansfield, OH
    I recently got the bright idea of wiping my phone and putting Velocity 1.0 back on it and then back to 1.1 via the OTA.zip file. Everything went fine but for some reason, when I put my phone on the docking station the dock menu doesn't come up. I still have the Car Home app on there, so that's not the problem. I removed a few things from the phone using the Velocity tools menu, like Think Droid, Live Wallpapers, Email, and the 2 Tethering apps. I don't think I removed anything else.

BTW, I did wipe everything - data, cache etc before I reflashed, and I also repartitioned my card after backing it up. I installed all my apps from the Market. And I have cleared cache and Dalvik cache a couple more times since.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Short of maybe wiping and reinstalling it yet again? Thanks!

Advertisement

2. netizenmt

None

Oct 3, 2010
    Technical Support
    Mansfield, OH
    Well, I decided to wipe and reinstall again. I'll try the dock again when I get home. This time I haven't removed anything.

3. Zoandroid

Zoandroid Android Expert
    None

May 28, 2010
    Ohio - USA
    If you are using the LG Desktop Dock that is sold for the Ally, be aware that I have determined mine has an intermittent loss of USB connection. What this does is trashes the SD card when copying files at some random point in time. Or if you happen to be using it while installing a ROM all sorts of bad things can happen if the connection breaks when copying files or when using ADB.

I can use my dock ONLY for battery charging. I have to use the charge cable DIRECT between the Ally and a case-mounted USB port on a PC (no hubs!) to eliminate this problem. Just wanted to spare you the hassles of losing all your SD data (which I have gone through more than once). :)

netizenmt likes this.
  4. netizenmt

None

Oct 3, 2010
    Technical Support
    Mansfield, OH
    Thanks for that bit of info. I actually only use mine to charge my phone at my bedside where it doubles as my alarm and as a stand to watch tv.com on.

5. Zoandroid

Zoandroid Android Expert
    None

May 28, 2010
    Ohio - USA
    My pleasure. :) So, how well does TV.com play on the Ally? I have never actually tried watching something like that on this phone. Does it look good and play smoothly?

6. netizenmt

None

Oct 3, 2010
    Technical Support
    Mansfield, OH
    TV.com works fantastically. It makes you wonder why all video streaming apps aren't written the same way. Unfortunately the shows are somewhat limited but I like using it to keep up with the CSI and NCIS shows.

7. Zoandroid

Zoandroid Android Expert
    None

May 28, 2010
    Ohio - USA
    NCIS? All a person ever needs! :D We are addicted to it here. I bought my wife Seasons 1-7 for Xmas. :) Given how USA likes to play the episodes so far out of order it was the only way we could ever figure out some of the story lines. It is now our 'default' show to watch if nothing supercedes our choices. (I don't suppose you were also into Stargate SG-1 and/or Atlantis back in the day?)

So do you get the programming by wifi? Seems like the logical choice. Especially with Verizon's plans to start tiered-price Data Plans July 6th (fortunately only for new and renewed contracts).

I'll definitely give TV.com a look! Thanks!

8. jaison80

jaison80 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Male
    Cable Service Tech
    PA
    lucky! my phone wont charge in the dock.

9. Zoandroid

Zoandroid Android Expert
    None

May 28, 2010
    Ohio - USA
    Pull the cable from the dock and plug it into the Ally directly. If it charges that way, your dock is defective.

Tags: