1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Need Nandroid for Sprint SPHL-520

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by philly0128, Mar 27, 2014.

1. philly0128

philly0128 Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 11, 2010
    IT/Real Estate Investor
    Philly
    Hello guys,

I'm looking for someone who has a Stock Sprint SPHL-520 nandroid backup without your data.

Here's why and what happen. All my phones I've rooted has always been activated directly at sprint store. so I was never aware that if you root a phone and put out a custom rom before activating it wouldn't work because the stock has the PRL.

I didn't know how unpopular the sprint SGS4 mini was also. the 1 firmware for this phone that's online seems to be a bad file because most people and me have reported it crashing the phone. I checked with Samsung directly and they want me to send the phone in for a fee. Since I never planed on returning back to stock once rooted I never made a backup, I just put the CM rom on.

there's only 1 dev on XDA who works on the sprint version and he to is having some issues building a stock rom for me. I'm looking for anyone who can do me a favor and share their stock backup without the data so none of your apps will be restored on my phone, I just need to get that PRL to activate this phone.

This has been a very frustrating time and to make matters worst it's not even my phone smh

If anyone know of a site with a working firmware that they personally used on the SPHL-520 I would take that also.

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Android Expert
    None

Not a nandroid, but here's mk2 flashable through kies.

I made the mistake of taking the latest update. It didn't say a thing about updating Knox. Thought it was just updates for Spark. So I lost root and can't do a damn thing. If I could find an Odin flashable recovery... But even then we'd need a custom recovery, and I don't think the L520 even has one of those, so a nandroid isn't possible. And if you're on NA7, I don't think you can even flash MK2. Once you go Knox, you can't go back.

3. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Android Expert
    None

I think I'm returning my Mini. If this can't be rooted, it's not worth having. Really don't get this new turn Samsung has taken.