1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Need new Esteem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by twane, Aug 19, 2012.

1. twane

twane Newbie

Ok some of you know my esteem recently got put in soda well its fried I found out it was still on the charger when it happened so im looking for another one for a good price with a good esn just pm me thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Extreme Android User

check ebay or craigslist and you can find them dirt cheap. ;)

3. bnb25

bnb25 Android Expert

didn't get the insurance on it? if you did they will replace it.

4. Carlos1986

Carlos1986 Android Enthusiast

Put it in a jar of rice for a few days and it will turn on like new lol.

5. nuttmeg

not with a sugar drink...

6. Carlos1986

Have you tried lol

7. nuttmeg

on one ascend but it was water, not mines tho. But with sugar it will leave sticky substance and residue, but he can always try a blow dryer. But a second option is take the phone apart and use alcohol wipes and wipe off everything twice as it dry from the first time wiping it, than put it back together.

8. Carlos1986

Very.true .

9. jvillejoe

jvillejoe Android Enthusiast

Spilled a whole 44oz Pepsi on my netbook. When I say whole, I only took 2 sips from it. When the soda fell over the top popped off, and poured on the dang thing, like Niagara falls!
    I thought fast, and pulled the battery and then flipped it upside down. Ran into my garage and grabbed my gas powered blower. Hit that thing full blast, and got most of the liquid out. Let it sit for a couple days, it turned on but the screen was all messed up. Took the battery out again, and pulled out the blower one more time. Then I grabbed a bag of rice at the store went home put netbook and rice in a trash bag and let it sit about 2 weeks. Pulled the netbook out after the two weeks and was up and everything worked fine. In fact, the computer is still running, and haven't had a problem with it at all. Guess I was just lucky.

nuttmeg likes this.
  10. Mexjoker

Mexjoker I'm Not Real, Doris!

Must've been a lot of rice lol.
    You can also try wirefly.

11. jvillejoe

jvillejoe Android Enthusiast

Yeah, I still can't believe it. It's been over a year and its still running lol.:p

12. Insanecrane

Insanecrane Android Enthusiast

If you are still looking for an Esteem, I have one available. I left Metro for AT&T. My Esteem is in decent shape and I can provide pictures and more details if you are interested.

PM or email me.

13. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Extreme Android User

I'd get one off the bay. Unless you find some one that cuts you a deal, everyone is gonna want top dollar cause they think their phone is better than everyone else.

I got mine in February for 190. It was 3 weeks old when i got it and there wasn't a mark on it. I thought i was getting ripped off cause it was a new account. But i got lucky as hell.
    Me and biggie found one for pg on the bay, thanks to af donations, and it was like 183 or something. And i think it was in good shape.

I'd go to the bay though ;)

14. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice

We require that all transactions be completed through the classified section and not through the device forums.

Best of luck! :)

gbiggie likes this.

LG Esteem Forum

The LG Esteem release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews