1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Need notifications/alerts to work better

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Alex Ethridge, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge Lurker

I recently moved from the Samsung Galaxy S6 to the Note 8 and my notifications aren't working the same as on my S6. All I get as an appointment reminder is a single short jingle. I don't mind a short jingle but I would like it to repeat every so many minutes until I acknowledge it.

I've looked and looked and I can't see how to make it do that.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. pentel

pentel Well-Known Member

Duckster, mikedt and Dannydet like this.
  3. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge Lurker

Thanks but that one is for text only.

The most important one for me is appointment reminders. Next is voicemail, then missed calls. Text is low on the list of importance due to so much abuse by spammers.

4. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge Lurker

I found the solution. I went to the t-mobile store and asked.

Long story short: Settings> Search> type reminders> tap Notification Reminders and all the settings for Notification Reminders are in there.

On my Note 8, Notification Reminders is not available through normal menu selections; it is accessed through Search only.

5. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Are you absolutely sure it isn't available through the menu somewhere, even in some deep hidden corner? It would be really bad design to make a setting only accessible through search (though that is one of the scenarios that would cause me to change platform, Google "simplify" Settings by just replacing them with Assistant...).

I have several calendar apps that are capable of repeating notifications, plus a standalone app that can produce repeating notifications with any calendar. But I have never used the Samsung calendar app.

6. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge Lurker

Turns out it is in Accessibility, odd place if you ask me.

Settings> Accessibility> Advanced Settings> Notification Reminders.

Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 8 release date was September 2017. Features and Specs include a 6.3" inch screen, 12MP camera, 6GB RAM, Exynos 8895 processor, and 3300mAh battery.

September 2017
Release Date
Reviews