1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Need Nova launcher troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Axlenex, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Axlenex

Axlenex Lurker

I've used nova launcher ever since I got my s3 and I've recently updated to 4.3. The problem I'm encountering is not being able to get touchwiz out from my recent apps and memory, and I have no idea if it is in the background or not while running nova. The red notification appears in the nova settings saying it's in the memory .Sorry if this is a simple fix and I'm too noob to figure it out, but if I can get help I would greatly appreciate it. thank you

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

Welcome to the community mate :beer:
    Sorry but im too nooby to really understand what you mean lol. Could you explain it any further? :beer:

3. Axlenex

Axlenex Lurker

Well when you first install it, it asks to make nova the default launcher, then it asks you to remove the previous launcher (touchwiz) from the recent apps (holding the home button) though it never shows up. I never had this problem before jellybean 4.3, but it could just be a simple bug with it trying to adapt with the new firmware

funkylogik likes this.
  4. funkylogik

Im not sure man. If nova is set as default then a simple reboot would remove TW launcher from the ram. If you think its still running you can disable it safely in app manager :thumbup:

5. Axlenex

Axlenex Lurker

Yea I did that, after I figured out how,I'm just worried it will run in the background without me knowing. Sadly you can't disable it

funkylogik likes this.
  6. funkylogik

Ah sorry i got rid of the samsung firmware a while ago. Forgot you couldnt disable the launcher.
    I wouldnt worry, even if something caused the TW launcher to open in the background, it wouldnt be doing anything so it wouldnt run down your battery or slow the phone down. Its not like its an app that connects to the internet or anything.
    I say dont worry :)

7. heat57

heat57 Android Enthusiast

Don't worry, it won't run in the background for sure. It is essentially dormant until you invoke it again. For that you'd have to go to Nova launcher settings and scroll down to "select default home", press it and after that you get the usual pop-up, which asks what launcher you want to use and whether it is just once or always. After a reboot your choice is implemented.

Oh, when you first install Nova you simply reboot and that will clear that notification as well. ;)

funkylogik likes this.
  8. nigsy

nigsy Android Enthusiast

Yep same with Apex launcher which I use.

Even get it on rooted phones when you install & switch. launchers

funkylogik likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews