• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need opinion if verizon gave me incredible over eris

Make a quick phone call to Verizon customer service and find out. Sometimes you get a cool associate, sometimes you don't. If you don't like how they're treating you, you can ask for the manager or someone in charge, and sometimes if you "say" you're thinking about canceling your contract they'll do what you want. I've never done this, but I'm just giving you ideas.

If it were me, I would just buy a used Incredible from craigslist and sell the Eris. All phones have bugs.

Upvote 0
Buy one used on Craigslist? Where are you finding used incredibles anywhere for sale?

And feeling cheap? Nothing about this phone feels cheap. It is thin and light and built like a champ. Its only physical issue, imo, is the camera lenses being further out than the case. To me, this is a big cause of cracked screens since it channels the impact.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
Buy one used on Craigslist? Where are you finding used incredibles anywhere for sale?

And feeling cheap? Nothing about this phone feels cheap. It is thin and light and built like a champ. Its only physical issue, imo, is the camera lenses being further out than the case. To me, this is a big cause of cracked screens since it channels the impact.

I guess, for me, the back of the phone (from what I could feel) felt crazy, like I wasnt sure what the hell was going on back there :) but youre right, it FLIES. Coming from the Eris, the Incredible had (almost) zero lag, there was a little (and I mean a little) lag when live wallpaper was on, but nothing that would be considered a deal breaker.

Just more of my 2 Sense (oh god the puns!!!). :)

Upvote 0
i went to verizon today and had a feel of it (did fell kinda cheap. but that may have been because of how light weight it is which is deff not a bad thing and something i could get used to)

... but while i would not mind having the incredible because it is faster and has a LED flash, i think i will just wait until there is a bigger improvement.

i mean imo there is not that much of a difference between the eris and the incredible ... certainly not enough to justify buying a new phone for full retail price.

Upvote 0

Yeah it doesn't feel cheap, I do like the Eris form factor better but this phone is every bit as solid.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm going to call verizon and hit up two different stores whenever I get a chance to Ill let you guys know what happens.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

I don't want to be an a'hole, but I'm just gonna tell you that it is very unlikely that they will bend in the least on giving you an Inc. It is a miracle when people are able to even get an early upgrade or NE2 before the actual date of eligibility.

Upvote 0
[/QUOTE]
I don't want to be an a'hole, but I'm just gonna tell you that it is very unlikely that they will bend in the least on giving you an Inc. It is a miracle when people are able to even get an early upgrade or NE2 before the actual date of eligibility.[/QUOTE]

Haha No offense taken, I do agree with you and think the same thing as well but it doesnt hurt to try.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
About 4 months after my "new after 2", when I bought the TP2, it was totally creamed by my dogs (who have good taste - I hated that phone). The screen was shattered, so it was pretty obvious that it was dead.

Both a phone rep and also a sales rep in the local Verizon store told me I could get a new phone at a "one-year" discount, meaning I wouldn't have to pay full price for the Eris. In addition, there was a $100 rebate going on at the time, so I paid virtually nothing for the phone.

The sales rep said that they only allow one replacement under these conditions, so if the dogs eat the Eris, I'm SOL.

It can't hurt to ask.. better than buying one at full price.

Upvote 0
It did feel a little cheap, but I couldnt get a good feel for it because of the stupid anti-theft tether attached to it. Sure is a pretty screen though... the colors... :eek:

The lady at the Verizon store in my town had one on her hip and pulled it out of the pouch and handed in to me.

It felt cheap.

No, not the lady, the phone. Man, the way you guys think. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones