1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Need Opinions about HTC Wildfire

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Harish Harris, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Harish Harris

Harish Harris Well-Known Member

Hi friends.. I'm planning to buy HTC Wildfire... Please provide me some suggestions about this phone.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. The HTC Wildfire us considered the little brother from the HTC Desire.

The HTC Wildfire does have as good spec as most of the other HTC's but is a bargin price for the phone your getting... I have had a HTC Wildfire for a month or two now and im liking it very much, mostly the same apps as on the iphone app store, good battery life (2 days - using quite alot adaily).

So my review is, its a very good phone for what you get and it can do for the price... I would also consider getting a case (silcone/plastic type) and a screen protector even thought its very tough for like

Harish Harris likes this.
  3. dnlricci5

dnlricci5 Lurker

Simply I love my HTC Wildfire, I prefer it to the iPhone.

Simplemente eu adoro meu HTC Wildfire, eu prefiro ele ao iPhone.

4. phil8715

phil8715 Newbie

I've got both a HTC Wildfire and a Iphone 3GS.

I have put my simcard into the Wildfire and use it as my day to day phone. The advantage Android has is, that most of stuff in the market is free.

For example Angry Birds is free but it's ad sponsored, like all the of free stuff is also ad sponsored. I've got Angry Birds on my iphone which I only paid 59p which is a bargain.

5. Bang Bang Boom

Bang Bang Boom Well-Known Member

I've got a wildfire and My battery life is poor.. its My only fone so is used quite a lot and it needs charging 2 to 3 times a day other than that excellent fone

6. wildfire73

wildfire73 Lurker

7. ryanraven

ryanraven Android Enthusiast

hmmmm there somin wrong there dude are you constantly syncing with 3g or something i usually get at least a day and half on 3g.
    Try discharging the phone until its totally dead then charge it for 12 hours when its off. take the battery out for 10 minutes then charge it again for about half hour.

Bang Bang Boom likes this.
  8. Bang Bang Boom

Bang Bang Boom Well-Known Member

I always drain mine then charge...

9. Harish Harris

Thanks to all for the advice... But i'v seen few users complain about the battery of wildfire..
    Is there anything we should do to increase the battery life or is it the problem with their handsets?

10. JamesT

JamesT Well-Known Member

For me Navigation is a big battery killer, some games are worse than others.

I've read on here that GPS and WiFi drain your battery.

I use Dazzle Configurable Switcher to see if GPS, Wifi, etc are on or off
    and Setting Profile Lite to switch profiles (home/Car/Work/meeting/Cinema...) So I can switch WiFi on and GPS off when at home and at work and GPS on and WiFi off when in the car.

Right now my phone is at 70% 10 hours after it was unplugged, I've had WiFi on for 9 hours, Screen on for 2 hours, Phone calls add up to 28 mins.

11. ryanraven

I get at least 2 days out of my phone with Wi-Fi on most of the time its seams to drain in a day with 3G on and syncing.

12. vosg

vosg Android Expert

With Wifi, Bluetooth, Background Sync and GPS off, the Wildfire's battery life is really good.

13. Harish Harris

I heard that we need to manually install some application in order to turn ON/OFF WiFi and 3G in the mobile.. is that true?

14. ryanraven

15. Harish Harris

So, is there no need for the "Advanced task killer" application which is available in android market?

16. ryanraven

sort of it kills background apps but not very well as some do come back. But with 2.2 Froyo apparently there isnt any need for it.

17. Harish Harris

Hmm.. Is Froyo released for the Wildfire? If not, when is it gonna be? Any ideas?

18. flat_foot_bil

flat_foot_bil Lurker

@ harris harris

if youve got it on contract its the froyo update is dependant on your operator, im a virgin media customer waiting since Sept 2010, vigin sack of shit, as gingerbread only roand the corner

19. Harish Harris

But do u know anybody who has updated their Wildfire's OS to Froyo?

20. ryanraven

yes there are custom roms made with Froyo for the wildfire but its not the official Froyo so wont be the same as the official one just wait for the official i say :)

21. Harish Harris

aight.. thanks for the update :)

22. tailbob

tailbob Newbie

The froyo update is out and being pushed to Wildfire phones over the air.

23. Harish Harris

Thanks mate :)

24. ryanraven

yeah i have Froyo 2.2.1 now :)

25. Harish Harris

woah!! cool buddy.. :)
    Is it any good with Froyo?

HTC Wildfire Forum

The HTC Wildfire release date was May 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 384GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

May 2010
Release Date
Reviews