• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need People/Contacts App for ICS Tablet

larrytxeast

Nov 3, 2011
I have an AGPtek TP10AYA tablet, ICS Android 4.0 I don't see a "People" or "Contacts" app, & when I search for Go Contacts EX or Touchpal, it doesn't pull up anything.

Is there a way I can "hack" around or whatever & get some sort of contacts manager onto this thing? I realize it's a "cheapo" tablet, but it runs basic vanilla Android 4.0 ICS (full "Play" store access, not a knockoff "fake" store) and for pete's sake, lack of phone dialer notwithstanding, surely a TABLET should be able to handle contacts.

Maybe there's an APK file I can get somehow?

LRH

You could Google around to find it (given how many ROMs don't include the stock Google apps, I'd imagine that it should be findable). Speaking of which, do you have the other Google apps like Maps? I only ask as they tend to rely on Google services being built into the OS in order for them to work, which would include the people/contacts app. If it CAME with Google Play, you likely would, but I can't help but ask anyway.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones