• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help NEED QUICK HELP!

MatNEWBIE

Oct 1, 2015
Poland
So I rooted my phone and everything was fine. I was basing on this
Then I gone to
https://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_i9100
But I failed here. I failed on 7th step. I couldn't load image. I don't know where I made mistake.
Then I installed ROM Manager. In it I made something what was necessary... I don't remember exactly what. I think I selected my phone model and CWM 2.x but I don't remember now exactly what was that. Now ROM Manager was showing that recovery is up to date.
I gone to Backup Current ROM. Phone rebooted and got stuck on screen with name and yellow triangle.
The only thing I could access was Download.
So I flashed stock rom which I found here
https://www.androidpit.com/android-4-1-2-jelly-bean-for-galaxy-s2-download-it-here
Everything went OK. Odin show PASS. But then strange thing as for me.
Phone booted as normal without triangle, and with all of my stuff like nothing happend. I mean wallpaper, settings, apps etc. But it keeps loosing signal and shows this:
"Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped"
What should I do now to make it work normal?
Btw. I checked and it seems that everything is stock ROM and kernel. So what is wrong?

!!!If it should be moved somewhere like ROOT section plx do it, I'm new!!!

So I rooted my phone and everything was fine. I was basing on this
Then I gone to
https://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_i9100
But I failed here. I failed on 7th step. I couldn't load image. I don't know where I made mistake.
Then I installed ROM Manager. In it I made something what was necessary... I don't remember exactly what. I think I selected my phone model and CWM 2.x but I don't remember now exactly what was that. Now ROM Manager was showing that recovery is up to date.
I gone to Backup Current ROM. Phone rebooted and got stuck on screen with name and yellow triangle.
The only thing I could access was Download.
So I flashed stock rom which I found here
https://www.androidpit.com/android-4-1-2-jelly-bean-for-galaxy-s2-download-it-here
Everything went OK. Odin show PASS. But then strange thing as for me.
Phone booted as normal without triangle, and with all of my stuff like nothing happend. I mean wallpaper, settings, apps etc. But it keeps loosing signal and shows this:
"Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped"
What should I do now to make it work normal?
Btw. I checked and it seems that everything is stock ROM and kernel. So what is wrong?

!!!If it should be moved somewhere like ROOT section plx do it, I'm new!!!

Hello and welcome to Android Forums MatNEWBIE :)

It looks as though you have got yourself in a right old pickle.

Your best bet is to download the stock Samsung firmware for your model of phone and CSC code and flash it via Odin by following the instructions and video in #1.7 of Jelly Bean update - Dummies Guide. This will at least get you up and running again.

You can then root your phone by following the instructions in Rooting Galaxy S2 - Dummies Guide.

After that, we can deal with the correct way to install a CM ROM.

ironass motto... "Flash in haste... repent at leisure!" ;)

Reactions: MatNEWBIE
Upvote 0
Hello and welcome to Android Forums MatNEWBIE :)

It looks as though you have got yourself in a right old pickle.

Your best bet is to download the stock Samsung firmware for your model of phone and CSC code and flash it via Odin by following the instructions and video in #1.7 of Jelly Bean update - Dummies Guide. This will at least get you up and running again.

You can then root your phone by following the instructions in Rooting Galaxy S2 - Dummies Guide.

After that, we can deal with the correct way to install a CM ROM.

ironass motto... "Flash in haste... repent at leisure!" ;)

Thanks for fast reply :D I just started doing it.... I will post soon what I achieved, so stay tuned ^^

Reactions: ironass
Upvote 0
Reactions: MatNEWBIE
Upvote 0
Ok I gone to SamMobile and downloaded ROM for my country, flashed trough ODIN and HURRAY after about 1 minuter from boot I achieved to send sms and call and no crash :D !
Big thanks ironass :) I'm going tomorrow on small trip and one part was on bike so without working phone I wouldn't be able to call help if needed xd
Yeah I will try again on monday when I will be back. I'm going on 25km mountain run so cross fingers for me and for monday re-flash ^^.
And wouldn't snapshot version be better? From what I have read nightly usually have some bugs. But yeah this tutorial is much easier.
And again big thanks. I hope I will learn enough to be able to help other people too ^^. Btw. what is the best phone to learn more about rooting and stuff on? Or is SGS2 good for such experimenting/learning?
Sorry for going offtopic.

Reactions: ironass
Upvote 0
^^
Yeah I'm using it and I was good with him but recently some crashes started etc so I started thinking about moding it especially when I started recently IT classes and I'm much more interested in such stuff. It got me very interested ^^
Hm... sorry for bad english I hope you will get what I meant :p
Ok I guess I will buy phone for calling and start learning on this (sgs2). Maybe I will go for geeksphone? Yeah I will search for some cheap backup solution if I brick this one xd
Thanks again.
Cheers ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones