1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Need recommendation for business note taking

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by dfinchermd, Dec 6, 2013.

1. dfinchermd

dfinchermd Lurker

I would appreciate any recommendations on note taking apps. My head is spinning from all the various options from developers. I have both an Android Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Note, and a Lenovo convertible tablet/PC, Windows 7 that I use professionally, both with stylus UI. Here is the simple functionality I'm looking for:

1. I want to take multi page digital notes/minutes from business meetings and conferences and then distribute. I'm not looking for shopping or "to do" lists, scrapbooking, sticky notes, and artisan papers are not required.
    2. I want capability to hand write and sketch, with a stylus, full pages of notes, outline format if possible. (Prefer a ruled line page and I prefer not to write in a little box and wait or hit an insert text button each paragraph).
    3. Ability to convert note pages to editable, correctable text format to spell check and clean up mistakes. (Real time text conversion is not required).
    4. Finally I want to copy notes to letterhead and distribute proofed notes to others, via email or web. (Could be either word or pdf docs).

So far I

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator

So you tried the S Note app on your device, I use it on my Note 3 and it's really awesome, works well with the Note and Stylus.

ocnbrze likes this.
  3. dfinchermd

dfinchermd Lurker

DC,

Thanks for the reply. Which version of S Notes do you have? It looks great on the the YouTube tutorials I've watched which are (typically 6 mo to a year old) but the UI is totally different than mine (purchased this month). Those have an icon with the brown cover where mine is red. For example I don't seem to have the edit mode icon toggle, formula or shape match functions, the text conversion as I write option. It seems stripped down. It doesn't say trial version but maybe that's what it came with?

I'm just too picky I guess. S Note does too little and Ever Note has too much. I saw a interesting quote the other day in reference to Ever Note, "you just don't need a chainsaw to open an envelope". I've loaded One Note on both my devices and though they have different UI's also (one Android, the other Windows) at least I can share files.

4. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator

Hmm well you could try Google Keep, it's very nice and offers some decent things that I like aswell.

And I have the latest version for the Note 3, which assuming you bought your 10.1 within the month we might have the same version.

ocnbrze likes this.
  5. dfinchermd

dfinchermd Lurker

DC,

I'll take a look thanks.

This is an example of the S Notes tutorial I was referencing. Great stuff, but unless I'm missing something this is not the functionality of the current S Notes. I haven't been able to find something similar of the current version.

S Note App Review On Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 - YouTube

DF