• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need Root/Radio/Rom help

Klauven

Jul 23, 2010
There really isn't a very good comprehensive guide to rooting/radios/roms. Some use CWR, some use only Odin. Some say ROMs have root, some say you need root first. It hard to get your mind wrapped around it all.

After reading numerous threads, here is my understanding.

Use Odin to flash ED01 (Guessing this is some ROM that can be exploited for root)

Use Gingersnap to root (guess this is a method like z4)

Use Odin to install CWR

Boot into CWR

Install ROM from CWR

This sounds like a pretty complex process, if anyone has something easier PLEASE share. I wish you could just flash a ROM with root using Odin and be done with it.

I come from the Moto droid, I tried just using Odin to install CWR with voodoo so I could install a ROM but that failed.

Also, whats the deal with all the EE4, EP1Q, EXT4 mumbo jumbo.

This sounds like a pretty complex process, if anyone has something easier PLEASE share. I wish you could just flash a ROM with root using Odin and be done with it.

If you find the GummyCharged 1.9.1 ROM on XDA, it has an Odin package that will install everything at one time, just like you want. You'll have root, CWM, a voodoo capable kernel, and a badass ROM.

EE4 Was a leaked update that turned out to be the latest OTA. Its Froyo. EP1Q is the latest Gingerbread leak.

Upvote 0

If you find the GummyCharged 1.9.1 ROM on XDA, it has an Odin package that will install everything at one time, just like you want. You'll have root, CWM, a voodoo capable kernel, and a badass ROM.

EE4 Was a leaked update that turned out to be the latest OTA. Its Froyo. EP1Q is the latest Gingerbread leak.

Well, I did as you said and it worked like a charm. I really appreciate the advice. I just have 2 issues to work out now, 1. Setcpu says I can overclock to 1600mhz but even 1100 cause my phone to randomly reboot. 2. When connecting to my bluetooth speaker, it will pair but not connect.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones