• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need serious help

ive tried and it getsa stuck at the point where its supposed to download:(

Offline flash?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2085344

Tricks lg mobile support into thinking it is downloading from LG. Fixes the 4% hang problem. There is a setting you need to use to override update so that it will work.

Also, usb selective suspend should be disabled in your Windows power and performance settings. Tweak your settings until the screen stays on with no screen saver.

Upvote 0
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1327337

Open port 9002 on your router. LG support tool freezes I'd it can't access the Internet via this port.

Some more information that I found:

Make sure your Anti-virus is completely disabled.
Microsoft Security essentials is a no no
Make sure you have the right firewall permissions in place with Windows firewall.

Only if you're feeling frisky... Lol

More additional findings :
All of the apps must be run in administrator, and in Windows XP SP3 compatability mode.

Upvote 0
offline flash?

[GUIDE] [UNBRICK][ROOT] FLASH Any LG Factory ROM (kdz) WITH OFFLINE FIX - xda-developers

tricks lg mobile support into thinking it is downloading from lg. Fixes the 4% hang problem. There is a setting you need to use to override update so that it will work.

Also, usb selective suspend should be disabled in your windows power and performance settings. Tweak your settings until the screen stays on with no screen saver.

[Solved] LGMobile Support Tool Issue (won't install) - xda-developers

open port 9002 on your router. Lg support tool freezes i'd it can't access the internet via this port.

Some more information that i found:

Make sure your anti-virus is completely disabled.
Microsoft security essentials is a no no
make sure you have the right firewall permissions in place with windows firewall.

Only if you're feeling frisky... Lol

more additional findings :
All of the apps must be run in administrator, and in windows xp sp3 compatability mode.

thanks i will try asap
:)

Upvote 0
Jelly I'm in the same boat as you now.. Mine either just hangs on the LG logo (Not the security error) or I can get it into fastboot or sw update mode but sticks at 4%.. have tried different computers, versions of LG Update, etc.. that offline guide is the closest I can get to anything productive happening.. been through about 50 pages of posts.. if something doesn't give tonight it's goin to metro tomorrow..

FLASHING ERROR AT THIS POINT? If you have installed JB before then your flashing may stop at 4% to 14%. This may be due JB rom already installed before or due to driver not completely installed for "SW Upgrade Mode".

WORKAROUND: Cancel flashing by exiting LG Update Tool. Phone should be still in SW Upgrade Mode, Remove USB Cable, wait 10 seconds, Insert USB cable again and let all drivers install for this mode. The device manager should look LIKE THIS SCREENSHOT. START AGAIN FROM STEP 6 (Read about Post-JB Issue)

That doesn't seem to do anything productive, at least for me.. tried NUMEROUS times.. If I find anything that works I'll fill everyone in ;)

PS.. Wasn't even trying to unlock the bootloader lol.. CWM got me.. Apparently it deletes /system when you wipe data/factory reset which kills itself..

Upvote 0
Holy frickin hell this thing just doesn't want to stay bricked LOL.. I will write up a guide a bit later tonight.. Best news of all.. should take around 20 minutes to fix.. So don't throw it into a wall just yet ;)

Short version of the guide if you want to wing it.. Use the fastboot file from my Security Error Fix guide, run that, put on a ICS loader.. I tried throwing on a ICS KDZ from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2107971 it got stuck at 8%.. Just killed LG Update Tool, unplug the phone (left it in software update mode) then tried flashing the V10D_00.kdz.. It seemed like it was stuck at 8% also, but after awhile it just shot through (so honestly not sure if I jumped the gun thinking the ICS KDZ was hung) and back to stock JB V10D.. Did all this using the offline flash method listed above..

Reactions: jellybun and LoopyD
Upvote 0
I see the solution, but I am wondering why it has to be done this way. Some internal knowledge would be useful in an updated LG Update Tool tutorial.

I'm not an expert by any means.. I was just takin a leap of faith I was bricked.. and it was good.. and i got ballsy.. Now I'm inverted with chinese on the hunt for that almighty bootloader.. lol.. this MAY be the one that makes me say I dropped it lol

Upvote 0
Holy frickin hell this thing just doesn't want to stay bricked LOL.. I will write up a guide a bit later tonight.. Best news of all.. should take around 20 minutes to fix.. So don't throw it into a wall just yet ;)

Short version of the guide if you want to wing it.. Use the fastboot file from my Security Error Fix guide, run that, put on a ICS loader.. I tried throwing on a ICS KDZ from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2107971 it got stuck at 8%.. Just killed LG Update Tool, unplug the phone (left it in software update mode) then tried flashing the V10D_00.kdz.. It seemed like it was stuck at 8% also, but after awhile it just shot through (so honestly not sure if I jumped the gun thinking the ICS KDZ was hung) and back to stock JB V10D.. Did all this using the offline flash method listed above..
which kdz did you use and would I just flash normally or what would fast boot be used for

Upvote 0

Short version of the guide if you want to wing it.. Use the fastboot file from my Security Error Fix guide, run that, put on a ICS loader.. I tried throwing on a ICS KDZ from [INFOBANK] Collection of LG L9 FACTORY ROMS, ROOT, BB, BL, SOURCES, etc. - xda-developers it got stuck at 8%.. Just killed LG Update Tool, unplug the phone (left it in software update mode) then tried flashing the V10D_00.kdz.. It seemed like it was stuck at 8% also, but after awhile it just shot through (so honestly not sure if I jumped the gun thinking the ICS KDZ was hung) and back to stock JB V10D.. Did all this using the offline flash method listed above..
would this help me?????????? im still not sure
:thinking:

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones