1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Need simple easy to use MP3 player app

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by leonardevens, May 2, 2011.

1. leonardevens

leonardevens Lurker
    None

May 2, 2011
    Evanston, IL
    I just got an AT&T Captivate android smartphone.

I've been trying to use the included Music player app to listen to audio books in Mp3 format, using a bluetooth headset.

I find that player is inconsistent and difficult to use the way I want. In particular, it can't seem to keep the place where I was when I stopped listening.

I need a player which:

1> let's me listen to, in order mp3 files, each a chapter in a book I've loaded into my smartphone
    2> lets me stop, remembers where I stopped, and lets me resume listening at the same place, even if I make calls or use other apps in the meantime
    3> autiomat8ically stops when I receive a call, and then starts again, or, allows me to do so, at the same place.

I don't need to compile complicated playlists or use the many features designed to make it convenient to play one song after another in a desired order.

I may also want to listen to extended pieces of music such as symphonies, operas, etc., but my first priority is to listen to audio books as described above.

Advertisement

2. whbjr

whbjr Lurker
    None

Winamp? It does some of what you list - not all, I'll bet, but I strongly suggest that you start there.

3. vosg

vosg Android Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    Male
    Software Developer (retired)
    Antwerp, BE
    PowerAMP does all that and much more. You can try out the free (fully functional) trial version for 15 days.