• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help need some advice on finding an app or test.

mbancroft

Android Enthusiast
Feb 11, 2011
yo
My phone has been slow then started stopping by it self when I am recording. or taking two to three attempts to get it to respond to a command. I have since done a factory reset which fixed the camcorder problem but still lagging between screens scrolling jumps all over and screens don't pop up like they used to. Now since the factory reset I have only reinstalled watch dog and linpack (which i just found) and according to the benchmark test i'm at 34 flops in 2.60 sec. Thats horrible compared to some videos i'v watched on You Tube! Is there any other apps like this one to help me narrow down the problem so I can get my phone fast again?

34 is pretty good for a stock evo. The higher scores are typically rooted evos. My evo stock ran 29-30

Is your phone rooted?
I am going to guess not and suggest you run through all of the system updates checking for updates. Mainly prl, profile and htc software. Also download spare parts from the market. When you open it there are some optioned to change animations to" fast"

Make sure you have things like 4g and wifi off when not in use

Downloadband install spare parts

Upvote 0
board going through some posts I made when I started my smart phone venture

(seems like a YR ago)I totaly had no idea what was going on...I probably said to my self """ Mr. Ed ???? """""""""""""who the *&^* is this guy"""" MMMRRRR EEEEDDDDD phhh yea..whatever...... LOL... (little did I know dude is yoda..........sorry i'm little tippsie right now...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones