1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

need some advice on the EVO

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by megznyc, Jun 4, 2011.

1. megznyc

megznyc Lurker
    None

Jun 4, 2011
    I have the EVO 4g and it works great but my battery runs out so quick without me even using it I don't know if its the apps, widgets or something I have on the phone that is making it die so quickly can some please give me some advice.

Advertisement

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    That seems to be a problem with all of the smart phones. The more they do, the faster the battery drain. There are always tips and tricks on making that batter last a bit longer as well advice on going to a bigger battery. Welcome to Android Forums megznyc. We have a section just for the Evo 4g where you will find all of the above mentioned and more. Here is a link to that sub forum:
    HTC EVO 4G - Android Forums

Good luck and enjoy the forums

3. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Android Expert
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    geek
    USA
    I sometimes have the same info with my Evo. What I've found great is to have a widget that turns data on / off. Sometimes I only need voice / text, so by turning off data, it preserves the battery life. Then when I want to check email, turn data back on, and voila it checks right away.

You can also try apps like Juice Defender that lets you have more control over how the phone behaves, to conserve battery, etc.

Welcome!