• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need some advice

ManiacMagoo

Lurker
Nov 21, 2009
Ok first of all I have read a ton of threads and most turn to bs shortly after starting. I am a Storm 1 user first of all. I had my original till a month ago when the screen went south. Im on my 3rd one now since then and it is the worst yet as of hardware issues. Now I love my Storm still with its issues but I text a lot and my last one is aggrivating at best. I asked this on the S2 forum but no response.

Now I have been offered my early upgrade on my account which I was looking at the droid. Upon calling tonight was offered a S2 to replace my S1 for free. Now I love the way the Storm feels in my hand. So if your intent is to destroy my thread stay out.

I use yahoo email, I know droid don't like it. I text a lot normally over 4000 a month which I have enjoyed on my S1 once I learned the touch screen. Again Ive had the S1 since release. I don't run many app's really. Just use Facecall, BBlight, and screenlock. So app's aren't that huge on my front. My brother switched from his S1 to droid and swears by it but he is younger which could be why. I will be tethering my phone a lot as that is how I get internet in college. My brother tested tethering and swears the Droid is faster then the S1 but has anyone tried this with the S2?

Here are my likes and dislikes for both:

Droid:

Love the google navigation I travel a lot
like the browsing speed and scroll of the screen.
other then that I havent played much with it
heard the mms show up in the text links which would be nice at times
reboot time after a battery pull

Dislikes:
How it feels but that could be just getting use to it like the S1

S1:

I like having my yahoo emails on my phone instantly and most times beating my laptop lol
I enjoy texting on it
I love the adjustibility I have with setting up my user and message ringtones

Dislikes:

when I tried loading apps the memory leak on my S1 was horrible
I hate the reboot times after battery pulls on the S1
I hate going online with my BB and didn't care for Opera Mini much either

As you can tell I don't use my BB for buisness features. I'm just trying to get some knowledge because if I go S2 I won't be able to upgrade till November 2010 and I know there are those who have used both side by side and hoping for their opinions before I go either way. Please don't turn this into a wasted thread like the others I have read over the last week while searching on this.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones