1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

need some advice

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by rebekah668, May 23, 2011.

1. rebekah668

rebekah668 Lurker

Hey...I'm new to this forum thing. I need some advice. I just upgraded from the Droid 2 to the Droid Charge. I like the phone, but I am afraid an impulse upgrade may cause me to miss out on some of the new phones that are on the horizon. I know that there will always be something new and better on the horizon, but I just need to know if I just dropped $300 for no reason. I have one week left of my trial. Any advice will be appreciated!

Rebekah

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. log1c

log1c Android Enthusiast

Well lets see, how long have you had your droid 2? The Droid Charge is relatively new, so I think you should be fine. The way my friend always told me about phones is that something newer and better will always come out after the phone you want, just like every technological device, and when searching for a new phone if you keep waiting to upgrade to a new phone because something better keeps coming out, you will never get a new phone...so in conclusion, it seems like you upgraded, good, stick with the phone for some time till you NEED to get another phone. Don't impulse buy every 6 months

3. rebekah668

rebekah668 Lurker

I've had my Droid 2 for almost 8 months I think. But it wasn't working very well at all, ie shutting down randomly. I keep hearing that the Samsung Galaxy S2 is something I should wait for. What is the fuss all about? Should I wait?

4. log1c

log1c Android Enthusiast

5. rebekah668

rebekah668 Lurker

yes that is exactly what I am talking about. What is the best guess on it's release date?

6. MyNamesTooLong

MyNamesTooLong Android Expert

sounds like you realize its not such a good idea...I prefer craigslist for phones. meet at a store and verify its clean, and save a bunch of money

7. log1c

log1c Android Enthusiast

Apparently it is already released,

the names are changed up here in the states depending on the provider, for Verizon it is called Verizon Function
    At&t is called Attain
    Sprint is called Within

actually just checked, you can get it unlocked as the Samsung Galaxy S2 for a whopping $900, or wait till your carrier brings it in, as of right now, these names were just released as of May 16 2011, so you might have to wait awhile. But this seems to be a great phone, it will be the thinest fastest dual core phone on the market

rebekah668 likes this.
  8. takeshi

takeshi Android Expert

Don't put the cart before the horse. Rather than worry about every possible new release coming up you need to list out your needs/wants and then use that criteria to pick a device. You're working against yourself with your current approach. When you find a suitable device you won't need to worry about upcoming devices unless you're just easily distracted by new toys.

For what reasons? If someone can't give you specific reasons why that are applicable to you then it's not a useful recommendation. In other words, what feature on this device is something that you must have? Again, consider changing your shopping tactics. Otherwise you're always going to worry.