1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Need some advice

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MIZZJVB, Dec 21, 2011.

1. MIZZJVB

MIZZJVB Lurker

HELLO EVERYONE I DONT HAVE THE LG ESTEEM YET BUT I REALLY WANT TO PURCHASE IT BUT AFRAID TO WITH ALL THE REBOOTING ISSUES I SEE EVERYBODY TALKING ABOUT IS IT REALLY WORTH THE MONEY OR SHOULD I JUST SETTLE FOR THE ADMIRE OR THE HTC WILDFIRE:thinking: I THINK ANY PHONE IS BETTER THEN THE BLACKBERRY BUT I REALLY LIKE THE ESTEEM SO ANY ADVICE WOULD BE NICE THANKS:cool:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Androidkucool

Androidkucool Well-Known Member

I bought new about two weeks ago, but the phone has NEVER Reboot AT ALL(not even once). Buy this phone with all your heart; you will not be disappointed.
    Note: I have not rooted yet.

3. MIZZJVB

MIZZJVB Lurker

Thank you im gonna go get it because i really just want to get rid of this blackberry but was afraid to spend the money and i dont enjoy the phone :)

4. mj912010

mj912010 Member

got mines in yesterday and i FREAKIN love it lol no probs and no root lol:D

5. Androidkucool

Androidkucool Well-Known Member

Oops....Welcome to this awesome forum (Iam new too in android world).
    Anyway, you have 6 or 7 DAYS to return/exchange it in case u are the unlucky one right?

6. daydreamingby

daydreamingby Well-Known Member

Get it from Newegg at 250$, use it a LOT, and I mean every little setting combination, and popular app you use right after your get it. If you notice something unusual right away, exchange it, until you get one normal. If you do it the closes to your first day of usage, it's more likely you'll be able to exchange it more times without causing speciousness.

My first one I bought from Metro was really laggy, the second one was better, a bit laggy after installing lots of apps and launchers, but nothing major to lose sleep over.

So far I love it.

MIZZJVB likes this.
  7. daydreamingby

daydreamingby Well-Known Member

If you buy it from Metro on a new account, you CAN NOT leave the store without a line and the 50 or 60 dollar first month fee!!!

In order to get your money back you HAVE 7 days OR 1 hour of talk (they try not to be specific about this on purpose, also my store told me it was 2 hours, but that wasn't true).

If you go past the 1 hour, you can not return it en get a refund, BUT, even if you have less than 1 hour talk and are within the 7 days, THEY WILL NOT give you back the 50 or 60 dollars you paid for the line, only the price of the phone (they woll also NOT give you the extra 20 dollars or so on taxes they charge you).

THAT is very important to understand, THEY WILL NOT go into detail on that, and when you try to get a refund, they wouldn't tell you you can not get the monthly fee back until it's too late.

I hate Metro Stores in my area, they are all sneaky bastards.

8. MIZZJVB

MIZZJVB Lurker

I was looking to get it from wirefly.com so i can just skip the rebate all together see what happens thanks everyone

9. Jeyd02

Jeyd02 Android Expert

Don't get scared from someone's issues...

10. ShinySide

ShinySide Extreme Android User

Just to add to this to make it clear,

The return policy for under 1 hour talk time and within 7 days ONLY applies if you are a new activation. If you are already ON Metro and upgrade to the Esteem this return policy is void to you and you have no return policy UNLESS the phone is defective in craftsmanship and/or is covered by factory warranty, which they will ONLY replace the phone NOT give you your money back. Just FYI to everyone. :)

The MetroPlus policy and guidelines of the policy is on your receipt.

11. starstress

starstress Android Enthusiast

Got mine yesterday. No rebooting yet also the criticism on the battery life from pcmag and cnet seems to be over exaggerated because it last as long as most smart phones

LG Esteem Forum

The LG Esteem release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews