• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need some basic help with apps

I'm new to this apps stuff and I can't seem to find the answer to this question.

On my lg optimus v I have been able to go to the apps market place and download several apps. However, most of them do not show up on my actual phone.

If I want to access my "google shopper" app, I have to go under "market" on my phone's screen and then touch "my apps" in the market. After I hit "google shopper" I have to press "open" and then I can finally use it. All the apps in this section show as having been downloaded and installed.

What I want to be able to do is turn on my phone and have access to all those apps without having to go to the source. How do you do this? Step by step instructions would be useful.

One thing that does show up on my main screen in my "nook" app. I don't know why this is.

Given that I just have a basic understanding here, I don't know what terms like "root" mean, so if you use them, please explain.

Thanks.

Go to the screen you want your "app" to show up on, long press somewhere on that screen, you will get a menu that pops up, click shortcuts, click applications, you will have a list of "apps" loaded on the phone, scroll to the "app" you want and and touch it, if you want to change the icon name, change it here, otherwise click 'ok".
you will now have a icon on your phone screen that when you touch will open the associated application.

Use this same procedure to add widgets to your screens.

If for some reason you want to delete a icon or widget on your screen,
long press the icon, and a trash can will appear at the bottom middle of your screen, drag and drop the icon to the trash can.

Feel free to ask any questions you might have, lots of helpful peeps here, and we are all learning as we go.

Reactions: HenriKatieMum
Upvote 0
You can also combine the two approaches outlined above: move to the screen you want the app to appear on, press the "grid" icon in the bottom center, scroll through the list that pops up until you locate the app you're looking for, then long-press on it (put your finger on it until you feel the kickback). When you remove your finger, you'll be taken back to the home screen, and the app button will be there. If you want to move it, long-press and move to suit (a little garbage can icon pops up on the bottom of the screen; move it there if you don't want the app on that screen anymore).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones