• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help need some help ASAP!

asheehanjr

Aug 16, 2011
Westfield, MA
When I first got my Admire I backed up the app folder with all the system apps through root explorer and I wanted to reinstall the original email app so I decided to copy over the whole app folder to um replace everything thinking it would be easier to do that way, then everything started to forse close and crash, and I tried to do a manually factory reset through the recovery and its just hung on the Samsung logo and flashes every minute. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you!

I haven't been in much, but if you have recovery then maybe someone has a stock backup or can be kind enough to factory reset (via the option on the phone, not recovery) and upload one.

Thanks for responding Tokenpoke. I can get into the manuall recovery no problem, and if there was a update.zip with the stock file that I could place on the sd card I can do it that way. I doubt anyone has a update stock file. The recovery that the Admire has is kind of like the CWM it only has 3 options. I trid to do a factory reset and that didn't do anything. Hopfully soon someone might make a update stock zip file so we can use it through the Admires own recovery system. Till then I'm stuck using the M835. I really have to stop messing with my phones. lol

Upvote 0
Thanks for responding Tokenpoke. I can get into the manuall recovery no problem, and if there was a update.zip with the stock file that I could place on the sd card I can do it that way. I doubt anyone has a update stock file. The recovery that the Admire has is kind of like the CWM it only has 3 options. I trid to do a factory reset and that didn't do anything. Hopfully soon someone might make a update stock zip file so we can use it through the Admires own recovery system. Till then I'm stuck using the M835. I really have to stop messing with my phones. lol[/QUOT]

Yea once u delete a file on ur phone using factory reset wont restore it since restoring factory setting deletes all user data. Theres a.thread on xda forums on how to create ur own stock recovery. Sorry in a hurry can't find the URL. Try Googling it.

Upvote 0
Thanks for responding Tokenpoke. I can get into the manuall recovery no problem, and if there was a update.zip with the stock file that I could place on the sd card I can do it that way. I doubt anyone has a update stock file. The recovery that the Admire has is kind of like the CWM it only has 3 options. I trid to do a factory reset and that didn't do anything. Hopfully soon someone might make a update stock zip file so we can use it through the Admires own recovery system. Till then I'm stuck using the M835. I really have to stop messing with my phones. lol[/QUOT]

Yea once u delete a file on ur phone using factory reset wont restore it since restoring factory setting deletes all user data. Theres a.thread on xda forums on how to create ur own stock recovery. Sorry in a hurry can't find the URL. Try Googling it.

Thanks for responding Crono209! I have that app directory backed up and saved from the original stock so, Ill do some research later on tonight to try to make my own update.zip recovery. Once, I do I will share it with everyone for those who need it. I was wondering if there was a way to push the app folder directory through adb and replace it with the fresh one. I know you can do it with the apps that way but, just wondering if you can do it with a whole folder?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones