1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Need some help figuring out which ROM to install...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by goblue23, Sep 2, 2011.

1. goblue23

goblue23 Lurker

if I even have that terminology right!! LOL

I just bought a GTablet. I think I will love it, but there are a few things the stock OS just isn't doing for me. Here's what I want out of my tablet -- can you please point me to the most stable ROM that will get it done for me? Any to any directions on how to set it all up? I know this is a very vague question and I apologize -- I've been reading forums for the last few days and I'm confusing myself more than helping!

Basically I wanted the tablet to do the following:

-gmail
    -internet surfing
    -google talk
    -google calendar sync
    -full android app store--love all those free games to keep my kids occupied
    -play movies/music
    -play my itunes music (this can be accomplish thru double twist thru app store, right?)

I was hoping it would be just like a bigger version of my G2 phone (tmobile).

Can you please help me figure out my best option? I would like to keep all features in tack (ie -- camera, usb port).

ETA: Running 1.1-3588

THANKS THANKS THANKS for any suggestions.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Charles C

Charles C Newbie

I agree with SolidOrange, I got my gTablet 4 days ago and immediately installed VEGAn-TAB Ginger 7.1.0 and love it.

If you're new to the whole rooting/ROMming scene like I am, I cannot recommend the Viewsonic GTablet for Dummies site highly enough. Clear, step-by-step instructions for taking your tablet from the stock ROM to whichever new ROM you choose. I followed those steps and 25 minutes later I was good to go.