1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Need some help getting a bluetooth for 3vo...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by beekermartin, Jul 14, 2011.

1. beekermartin

beekermartin Newbie
    None

Jul 7, 2011
    I have a Platronics Voyager Pro that I've owned for over a year. It has worked perfectly with my old Lotus and Lotus Elite. I picked up a Evo Shift a few months back and found out a few shortcoming of Droid and bluetooth. The biggest issue with the Shift is it wouldn't tell me who was calling. My lotus would attempt to say the name of the contact or say the phone number if it was an unsaved number. This may sound not that important but when I am driving or at an Auction I don't have to look at the phone to know who is calling. I like that feature a lot. Also, when using Navigation the Lotus would give the directions over the Platronics. The Shift and did not.

I now own the 3d and I am having the same issues that I did with the Shift. I would really like a bluetooth that offers the same features my two previous non smart phones did with the Voyager Pro.

I got the Voyager Pro because it was rated as one of the best bluetooth headsets available. It has worked great up until the new found short comings with Droids.

Is there a bluetooth headset that is more compatiable with a Droid than the Voyager Pro?

Advertisement

2. jason81

jason81 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 16, 2009
    This is not a shortcoming of the headset.... But the phone. If you were hearing names and phone numbers through the headset.... Its because the phone was relaying that info through the headset.

This is simply a feature that some phones have... And some don't

3. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    Check in the Market for Enhanced SMS and Caller ID by Ed Kawas, please contact dev first to ensure features are right for you and meet your needs.

Does your headset support A2DP? Please confirm the model with the dev, he's quite specific headset models with his app.

Please confirm which navigation app you're using.

4. JimKnuckles

JimKnuckles Android Enthusiast

Jul 20, 2010
    I always get a plantronics Bluetooth

Tags: