1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

need some help...please!?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bigbear6708, Apr 15, 2012.

1. bigbear6708

bigbear6708 Android Enthusiast

I am stuck on the splash screen. I was trying to flash the new underworld sbc kernel in..so I wiped both cache and dalvik, flashed the zip, now upon reboot, I have been at splash screen for about 15 min now...is this normal? I am thinking the phone is trying to create the caches..but how long do I wait??? if its just stuck..what would a course of action be? I CAN get into recovery... (this happened before, so I restored a nandroid)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

yeah about 10-15min is about normal. it could be a bad download.

3. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

What ROM are you on? Sounds like something went wrong to me. You should at least be on the boot ani by now

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Android Expert

It's think it's pretty abnormal to be stuck on the splash screen for that long. No matter what I'm flashing, nothing hangs on the splash screen for more than maybe a minute or two. Even the boot animation screen is maybe three minutes or so on initial flash. Does it really take that long for this stuff to load for you guys?

5. bigbear6708

mikg3.11...I am in the process of restoring an older nandroid..after TB finishes, I will reboot a few times and see if it was the ROM or kernel. I may have a bad DL, as this was the second time i got hung up today. Although I did re-Dl the kernel..hmm

Edit::..wow, (feels like an idiot) referring to my "why TB" thread down below...LOL...

edit 2:..no Mizz...mine are usually quite fast...thats why I was asking what could be taking so long. I remember seeing somewhere about the splash screen could hang for a while though so I figured I'd ask

ocnbrze likes this.
  6. frenchy714

frenchy714 Android Expert

+1 on 10-15 min. being to long to be stuck on the splash screen after flashing a kernel. The only time it's taken that long to boot up (I think it was a little bit longer even) was the first time I flashed SynergyROM.

ocnbrze and Rxpert83 like this.
  7. bigbear6708

I think ive had a corrupted file somewhere..even in the nandroid, as it still wont boot up. plan is to wipe it clean and start over!! (been meaning to do this anyway)

8. frenchy714

frenchy714 Android Expert

Cool beans. Let us know how it goes.

ocnbrze likes this.
  9. bigbear6708

All is well in Evo land for me tonight...did a complete wipe and started doing everything I had done step by step..with teh precautionary nandroid in between...(took long enough!!!) lol...I am convinced that somewhere along the line I had a corrupted file, that was caught in my nandroid somewhere too..I am thinking it came in the form of an old busybox or a busybox problem of somesort...I know I had a few issues with it in the past.

frenchy714, dustwun77 and Rxpert83 like this.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews