1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Need some help! Some questions.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JBerg, Aug 4, 2011.

1. JBerg

JBerg New Member

Aug 4, 2011
    Okay guys, I have a couple of questions about the Droid Pro. 1) I'm getting a new phone today because of the two year upgrade, (hoping to get a Droid Pro) and I was wondering if that is the same as the two year activation. I saw it's $150 with the two year activation, so I'm thinking, will it be the same for the two year upgrade?... 2) Do you need a data plan for this phone? I would just like talk/text. Thanks!

Advertisement

2. bsweetness

bsweetness Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    1) Yes, through Verizon it should be the same price for a two year activation or as an upgrade when signing a new two year contract. Some third party sellers have different prices for new customers and upgrades, but Verizon typically does not. And just as a side note, you can get the Droid Pro right now through Amazon for $0.01 when using an upgrade and signing a new two year contract.

2) Yes, you need a data plan to use this phone on Verizon. Pretty much any smartphone released in the past 2-3 years will require a data plan. You won't be able to just have voice and text to use the phone with Verizon. Data is required.