1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Need some help unroot phone.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tonyb81, Jul 3, 2010.

1. tonyb81

tonyb81 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Yeah I know it sounds crazy, but after many times of flashing roms (sometimes more than 10 times a day...ocd), I'm starting to notice my trackball going a little crazy. So like others I don't want to avoid my warranty when I take this thing in.

I searched on here, and it mentions unrooting, but I didn't find any actual process.

Advertisement

2. erisuser1

erisuser1 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    If you are planning on turning the phone in for a warranty issue, the simplest way to get back to a factory state is just to install the Leak-V3 ROM

Note that this will: a) Wipe your phone settings, and b) Install the bad-news bootloader 1.49.0000 S-ON.

Note that an extremely savvy VZW Rep might take notice of a 1.49.0000 S-ON bootloader, if you are returning a phone that is several months old: even though it is not the "root" bootloader, there is no way that you would have that bootloader on the phone via any of VZW's official software update methods - at most you would have 1.47.0000. That's because only recently has VZW started handing out phones configured with that bootloader - and those might all be refurbs. Just sayin'.

There is a more complicated procedure in the sticky post at the top of this forum, on the very first page.

Look for the hard-to-find section entitled

Full Downgrade from 2.1root (any) to 1.5 stock - FULLY WORKING

eu1

3. tonyb81

Jan 19, 2010

lol holy crap I'm sorry, i just focused on the part that it wasn't for leakers and just looked past it.

thanks

4. tonyb81

Jan 19, 2010
    Just one question when it comes to this part.
    Do I have to run a cmd prompt to do this (if so can you help me out with how), or can I just copy it into the tools folder of the sdk.

5. erisuser1

erisuser1 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009

You do have to run a command prompt for that method, and get drivers working on your machine (if using Windows). That's why I suggested the simpler route of just installing Leak-V3. I'm too old and crotchety to spoon feed you through it. Sorry.

There is a wealth of information in this thread by Scary Alien, including a section on dealing with the command prompt. You might find many things in that thread helpful.

eu1

6. tonyb81

Jan 19, 2010

Thanks for the help.

7. tonyb81

Jan 19, 2010
    erisuser, i'm not asking you about this. its just a question for anyone else willing to give me some tips. I managed to get into the tools of the sdk through the command prompt. However I am stuck at this.
    I am just unsure about how you do this process.