1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Need some help with a few settings

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Waldo, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Waldo

Waldo Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 9, 2010
    Massachusetts
    I used to be able to specifically set my Gmail app to have a different notification noise, I no longer can do that as far as I can tell on my Razr

Any idea on what to do? I want to keep my gmails on the Gmail app and my work email on the Email app like I had before on my Droid1 but I want the emails to have a different noise than my other notifications

Also I can't seem to get Facebook contacts to sync with my phones contacts, I'd like to have everybody's picture on the contacts again and it just doesn't seem to work. A few random contacts have facebook info in them for some reason and those are the only ones that have their profile pic as the contact image

All helps appreciated Thanks!

Advertisement

2. Arthur2142

Arthur2142 Member
    None

Aug 25, 2010
    I use a different notification for my Gmail account as well. Go into Gmail and click on Menu > More > Settings. From there, click on your Account Settings for your desired e-mail address and scroll to the bottom of the menu where it says "Labels to notify". Click on "Inbox". You should see a pop-up window with specific instructions for e-mail notifications. Click on the "Ringtone" and change it from default to your desired notification sound.

Hope this helps!

dragonbro and Waldo like this.
  3. Waldo

Waldo Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 9, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Ah! that's where they hid it..
    Thanks!

Anyone know what's up with the FB contacts not syncing? When I used to log in to the FB app it would ask whether or not I want to sync my contacts it didn't on my Razr and when i go to the accounts tab in the phone settings it didn't give me that option either

4. Arthur2142

Arthur2142 Member
    None

Aug 25, 2010
    In the dialer, click on the "contacts" tab then hit Menu > Display Options. You should be able to add FB contacts from there.

5. Waldo

Waldo Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 9, 2010
    Massachusetts
    I'm in there and it has my facebook contacts checked but it doesn't show their picture in the contact

6. infamousjax

infamousjax Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 16, 2010
    Make sure in settings->accounts and sync that facebook contacts is checked.

7. Waldo

Waldo Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 9, 2010
    Massachusetts
    When I go to Settings > Accounts
    I get a list of my accounts and no other options other than to add another account. If I click on an account such as the FB one it gives me my username and password field filled in and a remove account button and that is all

8. Trassin

Trassin Lurker
    None

Nov 29, 2011
    I'm having the same problem with syncing between Facebook and Gmail contacts. On my former phone (original Droid) it was very easy to setup and was part of installing the Facebook app. I don't see any way of doing it on the DR so far.

9. Waldo

Waldo Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 9, 2010
    Massachusetts
    I poked around after reading their posts, I found it but now I don't quite remember but check out what was said above to try to get it to work.
    I feel its a lot more work to do it on the Razr than the Droid1 so don't feel too bad about it