1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Root Need some help with Bugless Beast v0.4

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by totalysharky, Jun 30, 2010.

1. totalysharky

totalysharky Member

Jun 26, 2010
    So I downloaded bugless beast v0.4 on my Moto Droid using Rom Manger. It installed perfectly fine. When it went to boot up it got to the screen with that Droid eye I'm assuming the dev made but when it got to that screen it didn't finish the boot up process. After a good 5 to 10 minutes it stayed at that screen. However, the vibrated when I touched in certain spots and the tactile buttons lit up. Anyone know why it wouldn't boot up?

Advertisement

2. mhome

mhome Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2010
    I had the exact problem. I had been running a Cyanogen ROM just prior, I wiped and wiped and had same problem. The certain spots that vibrated for me were along the bottom of the screen. I nandroided back to an earlier bugless beast, then wiped, then applied BB 2.2 and it worked.

3. anaphora68

anaphora68 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Desk Jockey
    Philadelphia
    You absolutely MUST wipe data and cache before you install a ROM, especially if you are coming from 2.1. It will solve your problem.

4. StingRay

StingRay Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2009
    Dallas
    I've always had pretty good luck doing a battery pull when I've had that happen to me....alot of times I'll do that then turn on Droid and see if you can get past the bootup...otherwise you'll have to fall back on a backup like mhome described...

5. totalysharky

totalysharky Member

Jun 26, 2010
    What do you mean wipe the data and cache? You don't mean get rid of the back up as well right? Also I am going from cyanogen 2.2 to bugless beast 2.2.

6. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!

Nov 17, 2009
    Male
    I'm retired: every day's a Monday :P
    Manchester, TN
    Wiping data and cache are done in recovery. Which recovery are you using?