1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Need some help with new Hero H400

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by luke240778, Dec 22, 2011.

1. luke240778

luke240778 Lurker

I just bought a Hero H400 (chinese phone with Gingerbread 2.3.1).

I havent had an android phone before so wanted to try one out. The questions i have are hopefully simple for you guys here.

I basically dont like the UI installed on this phone, from what i have seen on the web showing Gingerbread screenshots, i just want the basic 2.3.1 install. Can i somehow change this UI? the one currently installed is called "LP Sense UI"

Also i read that 2.3 has got inbuilt SIP functionality, but when i go to the Call Settings to enable this, i dont have the option.. but i am on 2.3.1

Basically, seeing that this is not a name brand phone lile HTC, am i able to install other ROM's onto it? How can i change this UI to just whatever the generic 2.3 UI is? Some little parts of this are still in chinese, even know i am using the phone in English, so if possible would like to change this..

Also, i downloaded Skype from the Android market but it says its not compatible with my Phone.. but i am using Android 2.3.1 so how is that possible?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Giggybyte

Giggybyte Newbie

It IS a Chinese phone as you've stated.
    Could be a regional issue. I don't know how to fix that so this is just food for thought.

3. luke240778

luke240778 Lurker

But its Android 2.3.1. shouldnt matter that the phone was made in China right? All HTC'sare probably made in Taiwan..

I can get an older version of Skype to install, but when i try and login it just stays signing in and goes nowhere..

How would i go about installing a custom ROM onto a non brand name phone? Cna i just find any 2.3.1 ROM and it should work?